Hex copter shimming motors

gipper65

Here's a stupid question (I think)

I have a DIY Hex built on a Flame wheel frame (knock off I think) It is a 550 size.

I have 11" CF prop's there is about a 1/4" interference with this size prop. Now the stupid question is it possible to shim up every other motor to eliminate the interference and still have it flyable.

I understand that there will be flex in the props but I have not graduated to crazy rolling type flying yet so I assume (I know that is often a bad thing to do) that given relatively dossal flying the bending will be fairly consistent with each blade

It uses a DJI NAZA controller I have many flights on the frame and it fly's fine with 10" prop's.

So why use 11" because that is all I currently have and just curious I guess

Dean

ExperimentalRC

It should work perfectly fine as long as they don't touch at all. You will lose some efficiency with the overlap, but it wont be significant. Im curious to see what might happen to flight times, and overall agility.

RichB

Here's a stupid question (I think)
I understand that there will be flex in the props but I have not graduated to crazy rolling type flying yet so I assume (I know that is often a bad thing to do) that given relatively dossal flying the bending will be fairly consistent with each blade

Walking around the perimeter of a multirotor, you typically find alternating clockwise and counter-clockwise rotors.

I would not be worried about flips, I would be worried about yaw.