Hey Chad, could u show us more about ur fpv twinstar?

bobmaxiao

Hey Chad, could u show us more about ur fpv twinstar?
I love ur vid shot by the twinstar and I am building mine now. Could u plz give some more details?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
If you were a beginner and had to choose between the Bixler and the Twinstar, which one would you choose?

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
If you were a beginner and had to choose between the Bixler and the Twinstar, which one would you choose?

Bixler - it's much more forgiving. Plus it flies soooo nice. The Twinstar is great but much more expensive and higher maintenance.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Thanks for the input! I supposed that the Bixler was the way to go, since it's only one motor! (half the cost)

eyeinthesky

Attachments

• 20160425_172806.jpg
    20160425_172806.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1

bobmaxiao

Cool. thanks Chad. My first plane was eazystar.

Attachments

• 627.JPG
    627.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • VF9 WIP2.JPG
    VF9 WIP2.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 0
  • VF9 WIP1.JPG
    VF9 WIP1.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0614.JPG
    IMG_0614.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0613.JPG
    IMG_0613.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0612.JPG
    IMG_0612.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0611.JPG
    IMG_0611.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Corsair2.JPG
    Corsair2.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Corsair 1.JPG
    Corsair 1.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 1

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
Chad, what kind of range do you get on your twinstar with the Spektrum gear?

I only got about 2500 feet away with my Spektrum system. I switched to the Futaba 7C (72mhz) and got about 1.5 miles.

Attachments

• Custom 95mm Brushless Micro Quadcopter v21.jpg
    Custom 95mm Brushless Micro Quadcopter v21.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 9

planecrazy03

what about with amp??

so i boosted my dx6i with the 2.4 ghz amplifier from diy drones store. paid 50.00 for it and barley anything for shipping. have yet to test the distance but working on it. have 2 different receivers that i will be testing... the orange rx and the spektrum ar600. will get others to test later. unless i can get some ppl to help out lol .

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
I haven't tried boosting my Spektrum system yet. Please keep us all informed of your results!

planecrazy03

WILL DO!!! need to either build a 5.8 cloverleaf antenna for my video. already tested nearby and what used to be video strong is now video week and rx signal strong lol. or swap out my video system to something a little stronger

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Hey Chad, I was thinking a bit about your FPV system for aerial filming.

I have come to believe you record your footage in the air with the GoPro and use the smaller camera as a viewfinder for the GoPro, to see what you are doing. Because your footage is full 1080p and there is no interference...

Am I right?

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
Hey Chad, I was thinking a bit about your FPV system for aerial filming.

I have come to believe you record your footage in the air with the GoPro and use the smaller camera as a viewfinder for the GoPro, to see what you are doing. Because your footage is full 1080p and there is no interference...

Am I right?
I have multiple FPV planes. But the Twinstar and the Maxi Swift both use the GoPro for recording and as my pilot camera. My Swift II I use the cheap camera that comes with the system with a nice wide lens.