Hi everyone

Emby

First off, hello, it's nice to meet you all. I'm new to the forum.

I recently took the plunge into fpv quads after buying a pair of fat sharks, a dx6i, and an inductrix 200fpv.

Either I'm really bad at this, I haven't set it up right, or the inductrix 200fpv is not a quad for beginners. Here's a youtube of my "best" flight so far, and as you can see, I have a very tough time controlling the vertical attitude of the quad itself.

Here's a video of my flailing about:
https://youtu.be/erp4gUIsrHE

Any tips for a newb would be appreciated! thanks!

Rzar

Did you jump straight into FPV, or did you do LOS at all? You can hook up your DX6i to a computer using the flight simulator cable and use flight simulators like LiftOff available on Steam or FPV Freerider. That way you can crash all you want without breaking your own quad, or getting close to people. Looked like you got pretty close to those people on the playground :).

Last edited:

Emby

Lol, yeah, I started with LOS. Like, in the living room of my house, trying to hover in place. My first YouTube video even shows me at one point with the fat sharks on top of my head, just there for recording the video :)

The flight sim is an awesome idea. I'm going to try to find my flight sim cable and hook it up. Thanks for that

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I didn't think the flight was that bad actually but if what you're experiencing is control that seems too touchy you can reduce the sensitivity of your throws to mellow out how the Inductrix reacts. You can put diffeent rates on a switch so you can go back and forth as you comfort level grows and slips.

Bromego

If your end goal is to be a drone racer or own like a 210 or 250 quad, i dont think flying an indructrix will help much. It will help will getting the basic stick movements, but the simulator or just building a cheap $150 quad kit off amazon is probably the best way to go.

I learned alot of FPV FreeRider, still a little floaty, but a much closer experience to my qav210 vs my inductrix.

I think the problem is too you might be getting pushed around too much with your inductrix outside as oppose to punching through the air with a real larger one.

FPV Freerider is a very good sim. I personally do not like liftoff. Crash mechanics are all wrong and advertises more than what it actually does, and is not worth it until it is a full simulator/game.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Oh that's a good idea. I'm going to figure out how to do that on my dx6i
I would recommend a dual rate switch set-up for most of your planes which will allow the same accommodation for another would-be pilot should you try to usher someone else into the hobby. I have a 3 pos switch that is plenty out of the way and use it as my Flight Mode switch. Little did I know at the time that the same switch alsomtoggles the Inductrix between stablized and acro modes.

Rzar

I learned alot of FPV FreeRider, still a little floaty, but a much closer experience to my qav210 vs my inductrix.

FPV Freerider is a very good sim. I personally do not like liftoff. Crash mechanics are all wrong and advertises more than what it actually does, and is not worth it until it is a full simulator/game.

I spent some time with FPV Freerider and then Liftoff tonight. I gotta say I had an easier time flying in FPVFreerider than Liftoff. Seems like I can't turn very sharp in Liftoff, where in Freerider I was turning just fine.

Emby

I would recommend a dual rate switch set-up for most of your planes which will allow the same accommodation for another would-be pilot should you try to usher someone else into the hobby. I have a 3 pos switch that is plenty out of the way and use it as my Flight Mode switch. Little did I know at the time that the same switch alsomtoggles the Inductrix between stablized and acro modes.

Yeah, funny story about that. I flipped the switch that made the light on the back turn red and then immediately did a flip that smacked the poor little inductrix hard into the ground from about 15 feet in the air

Well, half a flip if we want to be technical about it.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
et.I would rather the Red and Blue modes to switch with the swith and not toggle as it does but since it does toggle I was thinking of putting that function on the Bind/Trainer button. I haven't ried that y

Emby

I got impatient while waiting for replacement parts for my Inductrix and bought a nano QX2. First off, this thing is much better suited to the novice pilot. Check this out:

One small problem I've noticed is that little fin on the bottom center of the craft. It broke after only a few flights. It might not seem like much but that tab is integral to the structural integrity of the craft. It is there to limit flexion of the arms on landing. So if you want a long lasting craft, be cognizant of that little tab there. Since mine was partially broken, I coated it with some epoxy glue on both sides. We'll see how it holds up.