HK fpv 250

ExperimentalRC

I probably would get it as a first quad. Bruce from RCModelReviews did a review on it and I trust him most of the time.

If you go to some of his later videos he builds a much better cheap mini quad.

BentleyBMX

Hmm I like the ZMR250 build, i just priced it and i can actually get everything from bang good (other than the afro12A ESC's i found another ESC with Simonk) for under $120, which is about what i would spend total for the fpv250

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
HK's kit isn't bad, but the motors are a bit on the slow-and-weak side.

I stumbled on this kit while respecting HK's motors, and it's been my FPV beater quad for the past year:

http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-fpv260-barebone-frame-h2206-motor-hw-20a-esc-6045-kk-21-p-8403.html

Still a touch more than HK's current sale price, but it comes with a better frame, motors, ESCs and a flight controller (I'd go for the flip32 option).

If you want to go ZMR250-ish, they've got a clone package of that as well.

Only downside is waiting for the slowboat to ship, but beyond the sheer distance, I've had good service from the vendor.

BentleyBMX

Thats interesting about the other websites kit thnx for the info dan! So far i really like the ZMR250 from rcmodelreviews just because of the shipping time at this point (i can get all of the parts from banggood).