HK-T6A V2 setup for FT-22??

gunnacrash

ok , so I got my FT-22 built and stuff seems to work but the hobby king radio system (HK-T6A V2) I got for it seems to be set up for a normal rudder/elevator type of plane. im guessing I need to hook it up to the comp to change the settings but I have no idea what settings to change or what to change them to. im looking for some kind of step by step idiot guide on how to make it work the way it should instead of the up/down stick controlling 1 flap and the left/right stick controlling the other flap

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
The video xuzme720 linked is really good at explaining it. But if you have any questions, ask. I can always upload a file to this thread so you can just open the file and get the settings that way. (But you still may have to reverse a channel or flip the two servo leads.)

gunnacrash

ok, video could be helpful but the program in the vid was different than the program I had , so I went to the HK site and found the program that is in the video, but the comp doesn't seem to see the transmitter tho because when I move the sticks the green bars don't move tried different drivers for the usb plug still nothing. some files might help but then if I cant get to link up with the remote then I wont be able to get it on the remote....hmm thinking it might be easier to go with plan B and build a different plane with a normal tail setup and look for another radio.anyone know a decent cheap radio system with extra receivers available in the US?

rcspaceflight

That software doesn't like it if you plug your Tx into a com port higher than 9. Try a different USB port on your computer and try changing the "Settings" to whatever ports it will let you switch it to.

For me the software is picky and I have to open the software and then plug in my Tx. Sometimes I have to restart the program a few times or unplug and plug in my Tx multiple times before it actually works. But that may just be my crappy computer.

Worst case scenario buy a elevon mixer or v-tail mixer. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__4170__GWS_V_Tail_Mixer_II_200_step_.html (Not necessarily that one, but something similar.)

gunnacrash

ah, different port , good call , got it linked up and working where left turns left right goes right down goes up and up goes down like it should but now when I hit the throttle all the way up it only seems to rev the motor to id guess about 25% of the rpm that it should be turning

rcspaceflight

ah, different port , good call , got it linked up and working where left turns left right goes right down goes up and up goes down like it should but now when I hit the throttle all the way up it only seems to rev the motor to id guess about 25% of the rpm that it should be turning

Weird. I know it's incredibly easy to completely screw up that Tx. The easiest way to screw it up is to change the "Type" from ACRO to any of the HELI modes. Just changing it back to ACRO doesn't fix it. You'll need to get a hold of a saved file with the Default settings.

View attachment Save Files for T6config.zip I used to have this uploaded to the Hobby King website under the purple tab, but Hobby King cleared out all of those files. Luckily I still had it saved on my computer and I found it because I have no idea where the files that I used to actually use are. (I have a Mode 1 and I set those files up as Mode 2s.) Just open the "Delta" file but you may have to reverse a channel, otherwise it should be exactly what your Tx should be set at.

gunnacrash

now that I look closer it seems that the motor doesn't start to power up until the stick gets to the center position,more like a rc car than a plane

rcspaceflight

You should always turn on the Tx with the throttle to full. Power up your plane. Wait for the ESC to beep twice. Then put the throttle down to zero. That should fix your issue.