Hobby Kings Quad Copter is back in stock

John Campbell

Just got notice that HK's is now restocked on their QuadCopters, the HobbyKing Quadcopter Frame V1 They have better than 10, but last time I saw this they went back out of stock in just a few hours. I did put my order in :) and construction and maiden flight video is sure to follow.

John Campbell

John, I meant the motors, esc's, props, lipo, etc .. Like to know what you are gonne use.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. Below is a section of my spreadsheet that I use for HK Orders. Notice the Programming device(s) is optional, but is cheap enough and at that weight wont add any shipping cost.

quadcompterxls.jpg

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
That is a great price for what you´re gettin!

I will have to spend about 15€ just for the AVR adapter because when I ordered my board that item wasn´t out yet -.-'

Anyways good luck with your build

John Campbell

In addition, I am adding some lights that should really make it look cool.... I am adding the HK strip lights shown here:

scrn.jpg

Also, I am adding a Lighting controller, but I do not like the one from HK, so I use Dimension Engineering. You can see it on there site at: http://www.dimensionengineering.com/DELightController.html

Using their software, you can customize anything you want and with their programmer (sold separately) you can really get fancy.

Once I get this built there will be pictures and video on here! :)

John Campbell

Was just thinking.. Maybe a BEC would be a good addition with all these lights.. I have a few laying around. Would hate to crash due to fail safeing the receiver :)

ananas1301

Was just thinking.. Maybe a BEC would be a good addition with all these lights.. I have a few laying around. Would hate to crash due to fail safeing the receiver :)

Nope you won´t need any. If I assume he uses a 3S battery then he just use those LED light strips in parralel with the ESC.
So the battery has one plus and one minus going to the ESC and then it also has one plus and minus going to the LED strips.

What I also did on my Event. I added a little controller so I can turn on and off the LED strips from my DX6i in mid flight.

John Campbell

Actually, I will be using the Delight Controller from Dimension Engineering. I usually like to hook a BEC with a Y so that the power to the lights can't affect the output of the receiver (Insurance Policy). I will have a lot of lights on this thing. I may even have the police called on me again because the programing of what these lights is going to do is going to be really different :). I will have 6 Channels to make things happen if you know what I mean.

All On
Strobe
Zig Zag like the Cylon Eyes,
and other programmed routines.

I will be using a lot of the HK Strip LED lights.

ananas1301

Actually, I will be using the Delight Controller from Dimension Engineering. I usually like to hook a BEC with a Y so that the power to the lights can't affect the output of the receiver (Insurance Policy). I will have a lot of lights on this thing. I may even have the police called on me again because the programing of what these lights is going to do is going to be really different :). I will have 6 Channels to make things happen if you know what I mean.

All On
Strobe
Zig Zag like the Cylon Eyes,
and other programmed routines.

I will be using a lot of the HK Strip LED lights.

Yup, got it! Please keep us posted :D I was so happy that I could turn the light off or on at all, but that programming stuff with lights will be outragous :D I actually can´t wait to really see that.

John Campbell

you can count on me to keep the forum updated... It is all in shipment... Will have to wait til it arrives and build it.

John Campbell

Good News and Bad News....

Good News, My Quadcopter and all its parts arrived today via HOBBYKING about a week before they were expected.

Bad News, Postman arrived just as I was about to leave to go out of town for Christmas, and my cameras are already packed. Pictures and Unpacking will have to wait til next week. But I have a lot of other things to keep my mind off of it. Be back on Thursday so more on it then.