hobby zone f4u corsair with safe

jeffbuck

I purchased this plane yesterday and its my first plane with " safe " and I'm a bit confused about how to setup my transmitter. I'm using an older dx7. It doesn't have a momentary switch or any aux1 chanel and the instructions say that the 3 position switch for the flight modes is on channel 5 but that's my gear channel . I'm sure there are some mixes to get all this right. If anyone has this setup I would appreciate the help

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
I recently did this on my Radian UMX.
I posted an article here -
http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?10818-as3x-programing
You'll basically need a programming cable, some downloadable software from Horizon and a witch doctor.
After you enable the ability to turn it off and on, you'll have to program your TX to talk to the receiver on the right channel.
Try a momentary contact switch, but it'll also work on a regular one too. They sometimes don't work normally on a toggle. It seems to sense the state change if that makes sense.

Best regards,
PCH

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
The beginner mode and no stick inputs is basically the panic switch. So if you switch it into Beginner mode and keep your hands off the elevator/aileron stick you should have the same effect as the Panic button.

Is there anything in the manual on the recommended setup for dx7?