• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hobbyking Galaxy just completed

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Hey guys, just thought I would share a couple pics of my newest plane. I didn't think to get a lot of mid build pics but I'll definitely get some video next weekend of the maiden flight.

Mid build:
2011-12-06_03-51-00_366.jpg 2011-12-06_03-51-19_818.jpg 2011-12-06_04-03-35_882.jpg

It's a total Hobbyking build.
Hobbyking Galaxy
Hobbyking SS Series 15-18 amp ESC
Hobbyking Orange Rx
Hobbyking HKSCM9-6 Servos
Turnigy Nanotech 460mah battery.

Finished:
Galaxy 1.jpg Galaxy 2.jpg Galaxy 3.jpg Galaxy 4.jpg Galaxy 5.jpg

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I started 3D early on in my flying. I've been flying about 3 years now and I pretty much went for broke right off. My second plane was the E-flite Ultra Micro 4-Site. I finally killed it about a year ago and I've been flying the heck out of my Hobbyking Hawk but it's not a precise flyer AT ALL. I fly it in the gym but it's so fast and has a high wing loading that you have to hover or be in a high alpha all the time. I can do level flight laps around the gym but it's fast and increases the potential of wiping out one of the smaller planes.
I wasn't really into building a foamie like this but a friend of mine built a Great Planes Extra 300 and it's so much fun I decided I had to have one. I almost bought the Edge 540 version but the Galaxy caught my eye. I've been doing a lot of heli stuff in between that I really enjoy but it's too stressful and expensive to keep learning 3D helis so I needed something more relaxing for indoors. I'm pretty excited about flying it next weekend. I want to get better at flying technical maneuvers. I have another 4-Site on the way too. I just love that plane.