Hobbyking HK t6a programming help

RadioMann

I have been trying to program a t6a v2 for a long time, using both t6 config and digital radio. I never saved the factory settings, and now my pitch and roll don't respond. It was working fine, but lately I have also been having some connection problems, even though the drivers are installed.

I have no idea what values to set for mix and for dual rate. I'm not sure if this could affect the responses.

Help

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Mixes are not required for basic 3 or 4 channel operation. Neither are Rates.

Assuming Mode 2 (Throttle and Rud on the left stick)...

For a 3CH plane
Ail ... RX CH1 controls the rudder servo...yaw and roll
Elv... RX CH2 controls the elevator servo...pitch
Thr ... RX CH3 controls the ESC

For a 4CH plane
Ail ... RX CH1 controls the ail servo...roll
Elv... RX CH2 controls the elevator servo...pitch
Thr ... RX CH3 controls the ESC
Rud ... RX CH4 controls the rudder servo...yaw

A basic muti-rotor is like a 4 CH plane

For a plane you may need to reverse servos to get the servo to move the control surface in the correct direction. You may want to set servo limits (travel limits) so you servos cannot move the control surfaces beyond there physical limits and damage them.

Rates allow you to reduce the amount the control surface can move when you move the stick its full travel. Dual rates let you have two options so you can switch in flight.

On a 4 CH plane you might want a mix to give you a bit of rudder when you use the ailerons...This is to correct for adverse yaw. You also might use a mix if you want to go to 5 channels and have separate channels for each aileron instead of controlling both with one servo.

On a multi-rotor you wont need any mixes

If you are having connection problems then its possible you program is not uploading properly. I might try a new programming cable... they are reasonably inexpensive...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=41716

RadioMann

I got it to work, I just had to jiggle the wire until it connected. I was also able to get my sticks to respond. My throttle, though, is only going from 0 percent to 80, which isn't enough to lift my tricopter How can I program it to go from 0 to 100?

Last edited:

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
If you need the factory settings, there should be a file under the File Tab on the Hobby King website. Try downloading the factory settings and loading those. Then go from there.

pressalltheknobs

Check the trim adjuster on the throttle stick. If the adjustment off it may be causing the problem. Factory settings won't fix that. you should see the throttle channel range move if you move the throttle trim.

I assume you don't have any servo limits/travel adjustment/sub trim programmed on the Throttle channel. Or any weight, offset or throttle curve. Factory settings will probably remove those.

It may just be that 80% is the throttle range. Seem unlikely but it could be. There are adjustments you can make in Cleanflight and Baseflight to calibrate the throttle range so that whatever the TX sends the FC scales it to what it expects... so that's an option. I don't know the details off hand but you can probably find it now you know its there. you may need to play woth that in any case to to get the ESCs to arm and to get the calibration right.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I agree with pressalltheknobs, the trim adjuster might be off. The Hobby King 6ch Tx throttle doesn't go all the way from 0 to 100. It's more like 10 to 90. Putting the trim adjuster down all the way will make it more like 0 to 80. Calibrating the ESC is supposed to make up the difference of 10% on each end being off. But I don't know if the ESC calibration can fix it if it's at 0 to 80.

pressalltheknobs

I'm pretty sure you can adjust range in one or all of Cleanflight/BaseFlight/BetaFlight. That is not the same as calibrating the ESCs. It's the mapping between the TX/RX Thr in and the FC software to set that range so the TX/RX and FC agree. I don't know how much adjustment you have for that. Calibrating the ESCs makes the ESCs agree too.

RadioMann

I have to have the throttle at zero in order to arm my board, and when the trim is set for that, the most throttle I can get is ~70%. I have been using a switch to cut the throttle, but it's really inconvenient.

pressalltheknobs

Have you tried adjusting the throttle range in the FC? You need to use the CLI to do that I think. Basically the idea is to map the range the TX has to the range the FC expects

I haven't watched it but just the first diagram on this vid illustrates this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFU3VewGbbA

here's some doc on the Cleanflight CLI not sure what FC you are using
https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/blob/master/docs/Cli.md

I believe the command you need to play with is rxrange

Not sure if these are the best links but hopefully it will give you an idea on what to search for if you haven't done this already.