HobbyKing mini B-17 Bomber :)

DutchRC

Hi there people :) Here is my unboxing of this new (as of the time of publishing this video) HK Mini B-17 Bomber :)
It actually looks better in real life, then I had expected :)
A maiden will be coming up shortly (if I can get the ESC to cooperate)

Specs:
Wingspan: 745mm
Length: 540mm
Weight: 155g
Motors: 8.5x20mm Brushed
Servos: 2x2g, 1x3.7g

AND.. Here is my maiden flight with it as well :)

DutchRC

My 2nd flight with HobbyKing's mini B-17 bomber then! This time it was a lot less windy, so I tried some 3D flying with it as well :) Wasn't bas at all actually! But the plane is more fun (for me) with a bit more wind :)
Enjoy!

And here is some footige of a flight with Far more wind ;)

DutchRC

Here is some bonus footige I shot the other day of this plane :)
Lots of fun again! Weird how such a small and cheap plane can be so much fun to fly ;)

MrClean

So, when you spin one motor the other one turns? Because they are brushed motors tied together one leg of the controller circuit. When you spin one you are moving it's wiring through it's magnetic field, which makes electrons flow, which flow to the other motor, which turns that motor. Kinda like Dynamic braking on a railroad engine, they turn the power off to the drive wheels, let the trains momentum turn the wheels and dump the generated electricity into big resistors on the top back of the engine cab.

It's kinda cool. Won't happen with a brush-less motor.

Looks to fly pretty good. I used to daydream about putting little controllers and motors in my plastic scale kits in Jr. High. Now you can actually buy the stuff. It's just amazing. Then again, we'd get three And gates on a chip and think we were stylin.

Last edited:

DutchRC

Yeah.. I was a bit surpriced to see that while filming :) But true.. the motor you turn by hand acts as a generator.. passing it's current on to the other one :) The magic of old-style electronics :)

haha yes yes.. Things have progressed quite a bit.. In the past I made quite a few mechanically mixers for delta-wings (elevons) :)

@AkimboGlueGuns: yep.. it is a bit high on it's wheels.. The props however are allso a bit bigger then scale.. In any case: the landing-gear Does work very well...

DutchRC

Hello people :)
This time, there was quite a bit less wind.. And to be honest I relaly had to get used to that, after the stormy-wind flights :p
Some fun flying again though! :D

DutchRC

So people! After the -about- 50 flights I've made with this plane now.. It is time for my final review of it!
It is quite a positive review, and I should add that I'm not sponsored in Any way by HobbyKing. I've bought this plane with my own monney..
Here are my final thought on the plane then :)