Hobbyzone CHAMP on E-Flite Micro Floats

Shug

Some fun down at the lake. Could not break the water to take off so a hand toss had me airborne.
Fun landings though.
I have been tough on the ol' Champ.
Shug

ViperTech

Looks like a lot of fun! Local club here in PA is having a float fly this weekend but I gotta work, well that and I don't have a float plane!

Shug

Looks like a lot of fun! Local club here in PA is having a float fly this weekend but I gotta work, well that and I don't have a float plane!
It is and I will get it to take off the water.....
Float Fly sounds fun. Planes and boating.

Now there's justification for a brushless aeronca conversion!
Yessir ...there is.
Thanks for watching.

Shug

I had to repair the elevator servo but ready to fly again. My goal is to take off the water. Thanks for checking it out.

earthsciteach

Hey, Shug. If you are looking to do a float plane mod on something small and inexpensive, consider buying the Hobbyzone Mini Cub with no electronics. Cut ailerons in and make it 4 channel, install a brushless motor and drop it on some floats.

I'm not sure how flexible the Champ is in terms of upgrading the motor. I'm pretty sure it has a brushed motor.

Shug

Hey, Shug. If you are looking to do a float plane mod on something small and inexpensive, consider buying the Hobbyzone Mini Cub with no electronics. Cut ailerons in and make it 4 channel, install a brushless motor and drop it on some floats.

I'm not sure how flexible the Champ is in terms of upgrading the motor. I'm pretty sure it has a brushed motor.
May put a motor from a micro P-51 Mustang in it maybe......