Horizon Hobby FPV Vapor with googles 199$!!!!!!!!

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
So, what kind of cheap video transmitter and camera can I buy that will work with the Teleporter V4 goggles that I got with my FPV Vapor? I'd like to put something on my scratch builds to fly around with. Any suggestions. I'm looking for cheap and easy here. :)

Any transmitter that will transmit on the following frequencies.

Ch1 (5740 MHz)
Ch2 (5760 MHz)
Ch3 (5780 MHz)
Ch4 (5800 Mhz)
Ch5 (5820 MHz)
Ch6 (5840 Mhz)
Ch7 (5860 MHz)

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Any transmitter that will transmit on the following frequencies.

Ch1 (5740 MHz)
Ch2 (5760 MHz)
Ch3 (5780 MHz)
Ch4 (5800 Mhz)
Ch5 (5820 MHz)
Ch6 (5840 Mhz)
Ch7 (5860 MHz)

Thanks for the reply, that's helpful.

I'm also looking for specific equipment that will work well that other have experience with. Low cost, compatibility, and noob friendly is what I'm looking for.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Thanks for the reply, that's helpful.

I'm also looking for specific equipment that will work well that other have experience with. Low cost, compatibility, and noob friendly is what I'm looking for.

Any 32 channel transmitter is going to work. Just be sure to read the instructions and set the dip switches to the desired band and channel. Keep the transmitter instructions in a handy place. Maybe inside the model or in the battery cover of your radio if they'll fit. If you want to change the channel in the field you DON'T want to leave the instructions home!

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
I've used these, and price/performance is hard to beat:

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-700TVL-13-Cmos-FPV-110-Degree-Camera-w32CH-Transmission-p-965760.html

The VTX is 200mW, but it's a good setup. They do sell a 600mW version, but unless you've got a good reason to need the extra power, you're just burning through your battery faster and making the world a noisier place.

I was looking at that also. However I want the CCD camera... Iv always wonder how mad would mixing a rubber ducky and a RHCP spironet antenna. I would think i would need to replace the rubber ducky..

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I was looking at that also. However I want the CCD camera... Iv always wonder how mad would mixing a rubber ducky and a RHCP spironet antenna. I would think i would need to replace the rubber ducky..

cross polarization loss between linear (either kind) and circular (either hand) is 3dB -- half the overall power. That works down to the neighborhood of 30% loss in range, but still perfectly functional.

. . . and yes, replace the rubber ducky at your earliest convenience, but be sure to match the circular polarization handedness -- left to right CP polarity mismatch is a VERY steep drop in power.

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Seems like a crazy good deal. The goggles alone (fat shark teleporter v4) seem to be $219.00! right? am I missing something? is there any reason I shouldn't jump on this for my first foray into FPV?

I have a horizon sport cub s, ft flyer, ft storch, and upcoming ft versa that I would love to be able to try to fly FPV with...

Your late by a few weeks. They are gone... They were clearing the warehouse of everything around the fpv vapor..

You basicly got this fpv setup with it minus like the av cable.. http://www.horizonhobby.com/SPMVS11...1hH9DlI17CwTMj3jcAMhoC9aLw_wcB&kpid=SPMVS1100

Last edited:

BryceAZ

So who's Vapor is still flying? I've only had to replace 1 prop, 2 landing gear (same side), the rudder, one prop shaft, CA the motor mount back together, and I lost the camera in a crash using it on another plane.
Other than that I still enjoy the heck out of it. I flew around with some birds at sunset today and got some of it on video, not FPV :( but it's still pretty cool. I'll link it later. I love flying it outdoors in no wind!

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Im still flying mine just waiting for a good no wind day again when im able to.. I have had a few days where i tried once i got about 20 feet i got crazy down drafts because of the houses around interaction with the breaze causing down drafts. I say nope! and I quickly land as best i can. The past 3 times i flew were non fpv.. I have broke only the wing mount and one left gear... Baught the replacement gear. I think my motor shaft may be bent a tad cant tell but about 1/2 throttle fpv gets fuzzy because of vibration. Full speed seems to get better tried a new prop got the same..

Spastickitten

I broke my prop and a landing gear, so if anyone wants a spare of everything else I can trade for something. I will be keeping the fpv, but if the price is right...

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
After I broke a motor shaft, I got it flying again... :p

http://forum.flitetest.com/entry.php?500-My-overpowered-FPV-Vapor

Tim Taylor would be proud.

I just hate two extra shafts and gear boxes. LOL That's not a bad idea, however my question is. couldn't the motor be controlled by the existing board? Its just a standard brushed motor.. Looking at my Min chopper thast what it is.. Mine actualy has two motors.. Well 3 one is on the tail for the tail roater.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
I just hate two extra shafts and gear boxes. LOL That's not a bad idea, however my question is. couldn't the motor be controlled by the existing board? Its just a standard brushed motor.. Looking at my Min chopper thast what it is.. Mine actualy has two motors.. Well 3 one is on the tail for the tail roater.

It's a much larger motor. The existing brick probably could handle it for a while...but it would likely burn it up eventually. The V911 board can definitely handle it no problem. I may put the vapor's stock brick in a future project micro glider. As far as the tail motor goes...just cut the wires off and forget about it ;)

The nice thing is the gearbox is pretty much indestructable. I've crashed it into poles, concrete, my Jeep, my house, trees, windchimes, you name it...and the worst thing that happened was a hot glue joint let go. I just glued it back and up she went again!

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
I was so happy i got to get one flight in today while the kids were playing outside. I dont fly much because i cant drive tell december. So all i can fly is the micro quad or vapor out front. I took the kids for rides, i havent flown with my glasses the past few flights i still enjoy third person allot. I seem also to fly better that way in my opinion.. However i want to do fpv on a zagi next year when i can get it built...