Horizon Hobby FPV Vapor with googles 199$!!!!!!!!

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Well, I got mine from readymaderc

Thanks for the heads up a week ago I tried to get the BNF for my daughter for christmas.. I already have to goggle one. Horizon and every company that linked to horizon was out I ordered from one then I was told it was on backorder. Called e-flute aka horizon and they said they were out of stock and will not be back in stock... RMRC must have their own stock it looks like..

I just got my replacement gear in for mine.. I gust on wind flipped me and crashed hard..

Just curious what type of range did every one get?

Spastickitten

I got mine today, and I was wondering what kind of range I would get with a lhcp antenna. I know that it has a rhcp antenna, but I just want to know.

I got my Vapor. I plugged in the battery to the fatsharks and the airplane. On the screen of the fatsharks I only had white. Have I done something wrong. I surfed through the channels and got nothing new. The plane was powered on. My lipo for the plane was low. I have it charging now. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Never mind. I got it going. I was really surprised at the color footage. better that I was expecting. Glad to have a Ham license. It was very easy to get.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I got mine today, and I was wondering what kind of range I would get with a lhcp antenna. I know that it has a rhcp antenna, but I just want to know.

That really depends on the tuning of each antenna (one of the places where being slightly de-tuned would help), but don't expect much range at all. If you're going to pair up with it, and all you have on a VRX is LHCP, it's time to dig deep and find that linear rubber-duckie antenna that comes with nearly EVERY piece of FPV radio gear.

CP-CP polarity mismatch is roughly a 30-ish dB loss (x1000). CP-LP mismatch is a 3dB loss (x2). I'd rather receive only half the power with a rubber duckie than 1/1000 the power with the wrong CP antenna.

Spastickitten

Yea I got the fpv package from hobbyking and it has lhcp antennas. I might just ditch them after a while, but they might come in handy for an event or something. I got the fpv vapor, but I might just get goggles before I use it.

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Got my second FPV vapor from ready made RC in the mail today... It was just the BNF one she can use my goggles if she wants to do fpv. Thanks Spastickitten now my daughter has a nice christmas surprise.. Every where else was out of the BNF.

Last edited:

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
Whats the best way to power that camera from 5v source like a receiver? Well, not "like" a receiver but an open channel. Maybe considering getting the package and then swapping the camera onto my micro-quad (W.N.Y.I.P; "work not yet in progress").

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Whats the best way to power that camera from 5v source like a receiver? Well, not "like" a receiver but an open channel. Maybe considering getting the package and then swapping the camera onto my micro-quad (W.N.Y.I.P; "work not yet in progress").

Can your quad ise the extra 150 one cell to power it?

defhermit

can anyone tell me whether or not I will have to do any soldering to transfer the camera from this Vapor to my Sport Cub S?

The sport cub s is "fpv ready" and has a spare port already to plug in a camera, and an access port up top to make it easier to convert. Is the port already available on my sport cub s the same one that I will be unplugging the camera from on the Vapor?

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
Can your quad ise the extra 150 one cell to power it?
That's what you're supposed to do, but I like a single battery and hardwired stuff. I was thinking of using a small voltage regulator IC to step down receiver voltage (I've heard it could be 5 to 6v) to 4.2v to simulate a battery, but there are no 4.2v regulators since that's such an odd number. Does anyone know what the min/max voltages are for the camera? If its 5v I'll have no problem finding a switching gizmo.

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
can anyone tell me whether or not I will have to do any soldering to transfer the camera from this Vapor to my Sport Cub S?

The sport cub s is "fpv ready" and has a spare port already to plug in a camera, and an access port up top to make it easier to convert. Is the port already available on my sport cub s the same one that I will be unplugging the camera from on the Vapor?

All you need to do is take the camera off of the vapor and stick it on your cub. The vapor may or may not have direct wiring instead of a easily swappable connector for the camera.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I'd go 3.7 because it's the working voltage of a lipo. Anything between 4.2 and 3.3 should function just fine . . . and 3.7 is pretty close to the center.

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
They are now sold out at horizon looks like ready made rc still has some left. That is where I got the second one from.

defhermit

just to let you guys know. I DID go ahead and move the camera from my vapor (crashed every time I flew it) onto my Sport Cub S (flies like a dream, SAFE, panic button, more durable) and it worked perfectly. had my first fpv experience last weekend and it was mind blowing. now I just want to buy more cameras and install one on an FT plane. But I'll probably wait until I get some auto stabilization working on an FT plane.

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
just to let you guys know. I DID go ahead and move the camera from my vapor (crashed every time I flew it) onto my Sport Cub S (flies like a dream, SAFE, panic button, more durable) and it worked perfectly. had my first fpv experience last weekend and it was mind blowing. now I just want to buy more cameras and install one on an FT plane. But I'll probably wait until I get some auto stabilization working on an FT plane.

Auto stabilization whats that? :p When I started I had a AM radio with no expo or dual rates. I have camera's on the list currently.

Today I was flying outside. These 3 kids ranging from 5-7 started coming over so I was like ohh crap so I landed. So since there were people now around I gave up on FPV. I put the headset on the kids and flew them around LOL..... They kept asking of they could fly it. I was like umm no... The vapor really is not the easiest plane to fly outside. Even with 1-2mph winds it bounces around and drops all the sudden and so on..

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
So, what kind of cheap video transmitter and camera can I buy that will work with the Teleporter V4 goggles that I got with my FPV Vapor? I'd like to put something on my scratch builds to fly around with. Any suggestions. I'm looking for cheap and easy here. :)