Horizon Hobby FPV Vapor with googles 199$!!!!!!!!

So I have a 3 cell camera and a TX antenna for 3 cell. Can I use the transmitting module to run the video through? If not what should I use?

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
great thanks! Yeah I've been wanting this setup for a while and when I saw it on sale I had to do it. Got if for $179.99 with the JL15SAVE code when checking out on Horizon's website. Can't beat that price!

Thanks for the tip! Last weekend I was at an indoor fly-in and chatting with a vapor pilot (non-fpv). He really liked the plane, and it looks like a really gentle flyer in calm conditions. I just placed an order with the code you mentioned, and can't wait to get this into the air!

eneal92

Hey no problem! Been dying to get into fpv and I saw that deal and jumped on it. Excited to get mine as well!

Last edited:

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
I got goodies in the mail now i can fly for more than 5 min at a time..

image.jpg

defhermit

just a heads up, my local hobbytown usa had replacement "vapor" propellers. not sure if its the exact same size or not, but it looked about right.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Vapor props should work just fine (black, but it's spinning so not a big deal).

Do not get mini vapor props. You're less likely to find those, but they are out there and they are WAY too small.

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Vapor props should work just fine (black, but it's spinning so not a big deal).

Do not get mini vapor props. You're less likely to find those, but they are out there and they are WAY too small.

You do see black wavy lines instead of clear ones.. :p

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Well i pushed my luck today in the gym. I was flying around cones takeing off of folding tables, flying under folding tables . I thought my daughter was recording all unfortunutly she had it stopted. I think the under folding table flying was uber it was quite chalenging. Anyays i hit a basket bal goal end and then it nose dived into the floor..

Evil basket ball goal .. image.jpg

It seems to of partially broke off where the plastic and fiber rood connects it almost looks like i broke the fiber rod. I am thinking of glueing with ca and posibly reinforce weth a tooth pick glued to each side?

image.jpg

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
The rod is carbon fiber, and a drop of CA will get you a long way-- for the forces involved the toothpick would be overkill . . . or you could pick up some 0.5mm rod at a LHS and have enough to repair nearly anything on the airframe.

Grayson Hobby down in Loganville should have some in stock -- be warned: you're likely to come out of there with more than you went in to get ;)

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
The rod is carbon fiber, and a drop of CA will get you a long way-- for the forces involved the toothpick would be overkill . . . or you could pick up some 0.5mm rod at a LHS and have enough to repair nearly anything on the airframe.

Grayson Hobby down in Loganville should have some in stock -- be warned: you're likely to come out of there with more than you went in to get ;)

Yah CA worked well last night.. If it breaks again I am going to do the way we use to do servo rods, where you joined them by wrapping string around the post then glueing it with CA or epoxy. The old timers will remember doing this..

I am still very bummed My daughter did not get my under the table flying on camera. That was very fun..

At certain throttle levels does the camera get blury on you all? I noticed it, I thought it might be because of a hit on the table but as far as I can tell the prop shaft is not bent although there is a tiny bit of vibration. Its possible a few hits on concrete and the tip caused the prop to not be balanced. It also does it on banks.

eneal92

Got mine today! It's way too windy to fly though. But I did remove the camera and thought its wasn't very hard at all and just stuck a piece of tape over the sticky part where the camera was. The screws seem to hold it on great by themselves.

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot

Well its fun being 70 feet or so up abouve a house and next thing you know the front of the wing disconnects. I suprisingly controled it enough to miss the house, car, and road and hit grass by about 3 inches. Its intresting diveing tward the ground in fpv. Anways i found the best way to reinforce was to basicly glue it back then use a bit of tisue paper wit ca literaly as fiberglass to reinforce the pices. Seems to be working well the wind also flipted me and i broke a gear..

image.jpg

eneal92

I'm surprised it did t appeal to many people! I'm having a blast with mine. It's a great way to get into fpt since its such a slow flyer. I'm sure the RTF I got will be gone soon too. Still can't get over what a steal it was for the plane and the whole fpv setup.