Solved How could I make a simple switch or relay

Scotto

Elite member
No. Ive been soldering wires or whatever together and insulating with heatshrink tubing. Heatshrink is not a connector and I dont always trust butt connectors or wire nuts. Heatshrink also doesnt always work for what you are doing so its good to know that hot glue can go on a board or whatever for insulation.

On one plane I got hot glue all over the led strips in the wings and those are the only led strips that Ive had burn out. So I thought that was why, but maybe it was just that brand.

Tench745

Master member
No. Ive been soldering wires or whatever together and insulating with heatshrink tubing. Heatshrink is not a connector and I dont always trust butt connectors or wire nuts. Heatshrink also doesnt always work for what you are doing so its good to know that hot glue can go on a board or whatever for insulation.

On one plane I got hot glue all over the led strips in the wings and those are the only led strips that Ive had burn out. So I thought that was why, but maybe it was just that brand.

Another possibility: hot glue doesn't dissipate heat as quickly as heat shrink would. If you covered your LEDS in hot glue they may have just gotten too hot when they were on and cooked themselves.