How did you find Flitetest?

zev

lumpy member
I found it years ago, and just watched it for the nice videography. then I refound it a couple of months ago now that I am actually interested in the hobby :p

OutcastZeroOne

Fly, yes... Land, no
I kept running across their videos on hobby king stuff. a few guys on RCG would post stuff from here too.

That midnight walmart video reminds me of some of the stuff guys from my Starion/Conquest forum would post about doing night meets in big parking lots with other car guys. I really need to get that '85 Starion back on the road, hatchback makes for a good plane hauler :D

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I stumbled across the Flite Test episodes before the Josh and Josh episodes were posted. I saw the aerial footage, and thought the production was awesome. I saw the Chad and Dave episode too. I wonder if that one is still on youtube anywhere...

Bolvon72

Mentor
I found Flite Test as a show when shopping for my first plane, I had settled on a Bixler until I saw the shipping and went another route. (I got one later) I had watched video after video before finding the Bixler review on HK and then went on a Flite Test bender playing catchup. I later realized that I previously saw David and Chad flying a wing in a storm but had no idea who they were.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I can't find the one where Chad and Dave were the hosts, but these were the videos that caught my attention. The production quality, the intro and outro, were unlike anything else out there. Add to that the eye catching graphic (which obviously was changed, we get the gremlin instead of an eflite product), I was hooked.

MrChrister

Davids flight to space video was linked on this one site I frequent, and via that clip i found the Flitetest channel.

Got drawn in with the nice production, footage, and awesome hosts.
Now I'm completely hooked on this show(love it) and getting in on RC flying. I've never had anything to do with RC nor flown anything previously.
But now I've bought myself Realflight 6.5 simulator, and also today bought some stuff from the Flitetest store, including the
FT Cruiser who I plan on building and making my first plane. Let's see how well that goes :)

Gryf

I came across Flite Test about two or three weeks ago, and once I'd watched a few of their videos I was hooked. I've always been an armchair aviation buff, and the thought of RC has crossed my mind any number of times over the years. I stuck a toe in the water with a Blade Scout micro heli a few months ago, and that did it... I had to get deeper into the hobby. I bought a second-hand 400-size Exceed RC G2 heli from a friend, and although my flight time has been extremely brief, and has resulted in a couple of little crop circles, I've learned a considerable amount about RC just by rebuilding the thing and setting it up. Really though, airplanes interest me more than helis, and I'd been kicking around trying to find an inexpensive way to try RC planes. While surfing through endless RC videos on YouTube just to pass the time, I came across the FlightTest channel. I was impressed right away by the production standard, and the friendly, genial, and obviously very smart hosts; and the more I watched, the more I found myself getting wrapped up in the concept of building really decent-flying RC airplanes out of very cheap materials. So even though I'm a recent convert to the FliteTest scene, I can assure you I'll be a regular around here. Once summer arrives and things calm down (I work for a school district), I plan to jump into a Swappable build and become a more active participant.

Gryf

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Gryf... you're in so much trouble.

but at least you're in the right place!

Welcome aboard.

Furiou5

I found Flitetest about 2 weeks ago through some of David's videos. Since then I have watched 90-95% of the episodes(it distracts me from work a lot), I have purchased Phoenix RC(and put in too much time!), and am eagerly awaiting some more free cash to get a Speed Build kit or two.

Thank you so much FliteTest crew for making the Hobby more approachable, and far less intimidating. I am very excited about the future of the show.

JasonEricAnderson

I had seen someone fpv a quad copter in a youtube video and that put the bug in my brain. From there i discovered rcexplorer.se and the tricopter 2.5 design. I started pricing out parts and figuring how I was going to pay for and support what was likely going to be a serious new habit. And that is when I found FliteTest and their youtube channel.

The Joshs and Chad were really making something special and answered a lot of the initial questions I had. I started watching every FliteTest video they had and it wasn't until after I had seen several with David that I made the RCexplorer/Tricopter 2.5 connection. (DUH)

ShadowWalker

I bought an mQx to mess around with. I stumbled upon Flitetest searching youtube for something else. Officially hooked now. Bought an Orange T-six, and have a Champ on the way. I'm also trying to decide which swappable to build first.

The FliteTest video's are almost dangerous. I showed one of the FPV vids to her, and I think she will end up flying when I get to that point.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Well, My story is not anything special other than... I've been there since day one. I've been on RCGroups for years and frequent the blogs page. Its like my highlight reel since there are some incredible modelers out there and the Blog page has some highlights of what I've been missing. Chad had been posting there. I caught the first one and the quality was just great. I really thought it had a lot of potential. By the third episode I knew they would be a hit. I've been following along ever since. That and my name is Joshua so I have a vested interest to monitor the integrity of my name;)

I made it a bit of a resolution this year to share more of what I know in the hobby and have found that this is the place to be right now. There is a wealth of information around the web at various places but I have found this to be the best place to share with new-comers. I am 100% passionate about scratch building. I always say I love to build more than I like to fly. With so many ARFs out there I feel that so many folks miss out on some of the best parts of the hobby. That is why I am here.