Hey guys does any one have shinden plans or where can i find those plans

M.talha

hey guys hope your all doing fine. so im kind a new here and i was just looking at different flite test plane one aircraft that catched my eye was the Shinden how ever when i searched for the plans i was unable to find any so it would be a big help if anyone can send me those. I plan on making shinden hopefully itll fly great

Draftman1

They don’t exist here, flitetest never developed it for the public.
But there might have been somebody here that did

You could probly find a 3 view if that plane online and develop the plane yourself

Build some flitetest planes, get used the build techniques, get some foamboard, and start building the shinden, part by part,
Or put in a 3 d program like fusion 360, draw each piece , us an “unfold” option for the skins.
You will be amazed how easy it can be

Welcome by the way

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
hey guys hope your all doing fine. so im kind a new here and i was just looking at different flite test plane one aircraft that catched my eye was the Shinden how ever when i searched for the plans i was unable to find any so it would be a big help if anyone can send me those. I plan on making shinden hopefully itll fly great
Flitetest never released official shinden plans, but do a search on the forums, I believe someone designed a shinden.

M.talha

They don’t exist here, flitetest never developed it for the public.
But there might have been somebody here that did

You could probly find a 3 view if that plane online and develop the plane yourself

Build some flitetest planes, get used the build techniques, get some foamboard, and start building the shinden, part by part,
Or put in a 3 d program like fusion 360, draw each piece , us an “unfold” option for the skins.
You will be amazed how easy it can be

Welcome by the way
oh so thats why i couldnt find much about it here. well i could try to create my own plans but i have zero experience on that i dont know how to counvert a 3 view into plans. i recently made a simple cub well its still work in progress as i havent done a test flight yet guess im too afraid to crash my first plane so i was thinking of making something small which wont get destroyed on first crash so thats why shinden catched my eye it was small kind a complex to fly idk. also thank you for the reply it would really help if you could suggest something like small fast easy to build oh and yes something that can run of a 2200 mah 3s and a 1400-2200 kv motor cause i got both of these available

M.talha

@localfiend was working on one several years ago, but it never got released.
oh well no worries ill make some thing else. the reason i wanted to build shinden was that it looked small and i think i would be able to run it of a 3s 2200 mah lipo as thats what i have available at the time on the side not i can actually use a sugestion on what else i can fly using that battery something thats small and can take a beating as i am currently a beginner and i dont know how to fly

Draftman1

Try any of the trainers first and get some help flying.
The Tudor and tiny trainer would be the best to start with,.
No cubs, no wings, no warbirds, no jets, no tail draggers.

You need something that’s slow and forgiving.

Crashing is just part of it, can’t get around it with a particular plane,
Fear of crashing is normal but getting help will decrease that and having to rebuild planes, but for some of us, we like building more than flying

As far as creating plans, doing it the 3d way isn’t the only way.
Most of the original plans where built by just cutting, fitting , trial and error, That’s how I do it

It’s all about having fun and enjoying this awesome hobby.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress reports.

M.talha

thank you for the sugesstion i was just thinking about the tiny trainer yes i think ill build that one and do a test flight on that its small easy to repair and flies great. Ill be sure to let you know how my first flight went 😁.

M.talha

Try any of the trainers first and get some help flying.
The Tudor and tiny trainer would be the best to start with,.
No cubs, no wings, no warbirds, no jets, no tail draggers.

You need something that’s slow and forgiving.

Crashing is just part of it, can’t get around it with a particular plane,
Fear of crashing is normal but getting help will decrease that and having to rebuild planes, but for some of us, we like building more than flying

As far as creating plans, doing it the 3d way isn’t the only way.
Most of the original plans where built by just cutting, fitting , trial and error, That’s how I do it

It’s all about having fun and enjoying this awesome hobby.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress reports.
also would i be able to run the tiny trainer off a 2200 mah 3s battery or will it be too heavy

Shurik-1960

oh well no worries ill make some thing else. the reason i wanted to build shinden was that it looked small and i think i would be able to run it of a 3s 2200 mah lipo as thats what i have available at the time on the side not i can actually use a sugestion on what else i can fly using that battery something thats small and can take a beating as i am currently a beginner and i dont know how to fly
Dear friend. Has it ever occurred to you to put a MAN battery in a passenger car? 2200mA batteries are in my models with a wingspan of 1.2 m. Maybe you should buy a small battery or buy a ready-made Bixler-type motor glider?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
So you'll need to build a bigger plane to use a 3s 2200 with it, I think the tiny trainer is usually used with packs around the 850-1000 range.
My thoughts for a 3s 2200 first go to the Speedster and the Storch, though those are bigger planes. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, as bigger planes are usually easier to fly and those two seem to be good beginner planes (Speedster for 3 channel and Storch for 4). Just don't confuse the Speedster and Sportster, those are 2 different planes and the Sportster is going to be harder to fly.
Your best bet though (in my opinion) would just be to buy smaller batteries for a tiny trainer and go with that. It is more versatile, should be able to take more of a beating, is designed to teach both building and flying, and will grow with you as your skills develop. Even if you spend money buying new lipos you might save overall because the electronics to build a tiny trainer should be cheaper than those needed for a storch or speedster, and FT has a pretty well priced value bundle for it if you want to build from a kit.

Draftman1

So you'll need to build a bigger plane to use a 3s 2200 with it, I think the tiny trainer is usually used with packs around the 850-1000 range.
My thoughts for a 3s 2200 first go to the Speedster and the Storch, though those are bigger planes. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, as bigger planes are usually easier to fly and those two seem to be good beginner planes (Speedster for 3 channel and Storch for 4). Just don't confuse the Speedster and Sportster, those are 2 different planes and the Sportster is going to be harder to fly.
Your best bet though (in my opinion) would just be to buy smaller batteries for a tiny trainer and go with that. It is more versatile, should be able to take more of a beating, is designed to teach both building and flying, and will grow with you as your skills develop. Even if you spend money buying new lipos you might save overall because the electronics to build a tiny trainer should be cheaper than those needed for a storch or speedster, and FT has a pretty well priced value bundle for it if you want to build from a kit.
your right about the bigger plans tend to be easier to fly.
amen on the storch and you can go wrong at all with the tudor, yes, you will need a bigger motor, etc.. but it will be a dream to fly.
btw, if you just only have one battery, you will really want more.
If you can swing it, the tudor package and a couple of new batterys and you cant go wrong.

M.talha

Try designing your own, nerdnic on youtube had a tutorial on how to design your own airplane
i actually saw that tutorial i can probably make my own templates if i do a little bit of learning as a matter of fact i actually designed 2 planes on fusion 360 but i wasnt able to find a way to covert them into plans or templates i might just give it a try again .

M.talha

Dear friend. Has it ever occurred to you to put a MAN battery in a passenger car? 2200mA batteries are in my models with a wingspan of 1.2 m. Maybe you should buy a small battery or buy a ready-made Bixler-type motor glider?
yeah i was thinking that guess ill have to buy a small battery after all.

M.talha

thanks i actually plan on building both of those as a matter of fact i made a simple cub a while back usin 3s 2200 mah with 40 amp esc and a 1400kv motor but i couldnt get my self to fly it i was just too afraid to crash my cub that and i litterally have zero experience with flying so i guess ill just buy a smaller battery toss it in the tiny trainer and practice flying a bit before doin the maiden of simple cub

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
i actually saw that tutorial i can probably make my own templates if i do a little bit of learning as a matter of fact i actually designed 2 planes on fusion 360 but i wasnt able to find a way to covert them into plans or templates i might just give it a try again .
if you export it as a step you can use the mesh unfold featuer in freecad. That is how I design my planes in fusion, it is jsut a much more comlpicated process

Shurik-1960

10 years ago I returned to aircraft modeling. I like to browse various sites and when I like a model, I make it. I do it according to drawings, but taking into account my experience in modeling. My hangar has more than 40 flying and floating models. I like to do and fly or drive a boat on the water.
It's better to talk less-do more and fly, fly..to do....to fly...Good luck!!