• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How Many Landings on One Battery?

Piotrsko

How is doing STOL different? In my pacer, once climbing at a decent rate above the trees it was normal flight, and STOL just took off a little more odd for a moment or so because you never got the tail up. Landing WAS different due to needing to keep the prop from touching with heavy brakes

SquirrelTail

How is doing STOL different? In my pacer, once climbing at a decent rate above the trees it was normal flight, and STOL just took off a little more odd for a moment or so because you never got the tail up. Landing WAS different due to needing to keep the prop from touching with heavy brakes
I wasn't shooting to get a whole bunch of landings. The takeoffs take 5ft and the landings typically take 300ft and I got it down to 80ft. I can definitely get it shorter though

Piotrsko

You'll know you're getting it right when you can take off, turn around and land back in the same distance. Keep it up, you should be able to do that in a very short time, but IMHO it's harder than extreme 3D

SquirrelTail

You'll know you're getting it right when you can take off, turn around and land back in the same distance. Keep it up, you should be able to do that in a very short time, but IMHO it's harder than extreme 3D
I wouldn't say its harder necessarily. It just takes a bit of practice since I'm still getting used to the plane

Piotrsko

It's harder because it requires repeatable precision, the aerobatics are kinda freeform if not done in a box with strict judges watching