Help! How to mix?

Magne

Hi everyone, I am currently building my first airplane where I need to mix the channels. I dont have a led screen where i can do it. I only have a few buttons at the bottom of my transmitter. I am building the Flite test longEZ. I think the transmitter is the flysky i4.
Anyone who can help?
Thanks on advance Magne.

Attachments

• 16774066110713203932907637533137.jpg
    16774066110713203932907637533137.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...I think the transmitter is the flysky i4...
Yes, it looks like the i4. Unfortunately that Tx doesn’t have the ability to do mixing. You will need to get an old school Vtail mixer like this one. With the mixer, you can do Vtail, flaparons, elevons, and differential thrust.

8B332659-9E71-404D-98D9-1DA3C69A8A98.jpeg

mastermalpass

Elite member
It may not have the ability to mix any channels like the more advanced Txs can but... What's that switch on the bottom-left that says 'V-mix'? I'd experiment with that.

Magne

It may not have the ability to mix any channels like the more advanced Txs can but... What's that switch on the bottom-left that says 'V-mix'? I'd experiment with that.
I dont really know what it is but when I turn it on either the elevator or the rudder goes to the left stick, I think.

quorneng

Master member
Magne
That sort of thing is to be expected. Remember with a V tail both the elevator and rudder servo will move with elevator stick. Similarly both with move with rudder stick but one in the opposite direction. The tricky bit is getting them both to move in the correct direction for elevator and rudder by servo reversing or changing over which servo goes in which channel.
The same applies no matter what method you use to achieve a working V tail.
I would suggest you experiment a bit with the V-mix switch to see what it does to both the elevator and rudder servos.