How to Spend My Christmas Cash?

abieex

Mentor
I think its time to add some balsa models to the hangar but not sure which one. I think I'm down to MM Lucky Ace or the Sig Four Star 20. Its been awhile since I built balsa so a scratch build is out till I get my feet wet again. I'm hoping that FT will move into a little balsa before long. I hope to have a couple of wooden models for FF2015 as well as my foamies. All suggestions welcome.

Balsa to Foam

A Jack of All Planes!!!
I ve boughten and built a fourstar 20 and in my opinion it is the best flying airplane i have ever flown, super easy build, all laser cut, and a very complete hardware package. CAN NOT RECOMEND THIS PLANE ENOUGH!:applause:

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
I'm a big fan of MM planes and can't recommend them enough. Two of mine joined me at FTFF this past year, and got plenty of flight time with the foamies.

My LuckyACE has 122 flights and just over 16 hours flight time on it, and is my go-to plane. It was my first balsa kit build and went together super-easy. An on-going joke about many of the MM planes is that you dump the balsa into a bag, squirt in some glue, shake, and pour out a plane. The ACE has also been extremely durable. On this video I was practicing touch & go's, until I hit a power line (seen at the end of the video):

And later in the season my flight ended when the Spektrum signal was lost (I've since switched to FrSky and had NO problems). The plane went straight down out of sight in a retention pond. I thought a swim was going to be needed, but turns out I missed water by inches. After disassembling the motor, removing the mud, and letting it dry for a few weeks the only damage was a broken prop and some extra wrinkles in the covering. No damage at all to the balsa!

IMG_1302.JPG