I like spektrum!

captian kazuma

smile. you've got wings.
I got a dx5e and when I get a 250 mini quadcoppter I'ma upgrade tx. People on alot of forms say to get anytging but a spektrum but I like spektrum and the new dx6 look though it. Or maybe the dx7. What do you fly your quads with? I like spektrum. For a fact my little brothers are getting my dx5e when I upgrade

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
The good thing that your keeping the dx5 is you can buddy box him. Also the range of BNF you can add to your hangar

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
You can buddy without a cable with the new dx6 !
Or go for the 9 if 6 is not enough.

RoyBro

Mentor
Good for you liking Spectrum. I like my Taranis and Turnigy 9X, but probably for different reasons. Thankfully, your choice of transmitter is not indicative of your personality, morality, or intelligence. A discussion here of transmitter brands and models does not degrade into a holy war. I had enough of that with the whole Mac/PC thing.

Now if you were just starting out and had no transmitter, or were looking to change brands, I would certainly have my recommendations, with solid reasoning to back it up. But as you are looking for an upgrade, and already have an investment in Spectrum, it would be folly for you to jump brands on my, or anyone's say so.

BankNYank!

Mentor
My very first radio was a dx6i. And guess what? I'm still using it today. I have since bought a dx5 to use for buddy boxing and a dx4 that I gave to my nephew. The reasons I've stayed with Spektrum are simple. First of all, its what I started with so I ended up with quite an investment in receivers; both Spektrum brand and OrangeRX. My second reason for staying with them is because my radio equipment has never let me down. I have a PZ Radian and it has been waaaaay up there and I never lost radio link.

I do like what I've read about the Turnigy 9x and now being a bit more educated I probably would of went that route if I could do it all over again, mainly for functionality/cost. But I still don't regret my choice to go with Spektrum. It has been a solid performer for me and one that I still recommend.

Last edited: