I need A idea

Randomkid87

Capitalization. Punctuation. Spelling. It doesn't matter how great your blog is. If it's not grammatically correct, it won't be respected. I will grant you, that I'm old and literate. Maybe nobody cares. ;) I'd say hedge your bets and do the best you can do. Don't give them a reason to disrespect. :)
Thanks😁

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
One of the best ways to develop good writing skills is to read as many different authors as you can. Learn how they use words to paint pictures in the readers head. How they evolve a story or manipulate the readers thoughts.

If you want to do interviews then read up on or watch a lot of them. The key there is preparation. KNOW who you are interviewing and not ask random questions. A good interview will be directed at the interviewed persons strong points. Then roll off of that for a little bit of personal information and finish up with maybe opening the floor to give them time to say what they are passionate about or maybe ask them something that may be currently controversial but not in an aggressive manor or combative tone dependent on what the interview is about.

Hoomi

Master member
I need your powers because my characters won’t start talking in my first paragraph 🤣
A few years ago, my wife and I were watching the movie, "Nim's Island." In the movie, Jodie Foster's character is constantly being pestered by one of her characters. My wife asked if my characters ever talked to me that way. I replied, "Sometimes, the biggest problem is getting them to shut up."

I guess it goes with the territory. I figured out long ago, if our characters don't seem real to us, they will never seem real to our readers. If they aren't real enough to us that we care about them, and feel their joys, their sorrows, their pains, etc., the readers won't care enough, and won't feel those things, either, and they'll put aside our stories in favor of ones that have characters they do care about.

If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend the book, "Sometimes the Magic Works: Lessons From a Writing Life," by Terry Brooks. Excellent insights into the life of a writer.

Randomkid87

A few years ago, my wife and I were watching the movie, "Nim's Island." In the movie, Jodie Foster's character is constantly being pestered by one of her characters. My wife asked if my characters ever talked to me that way. I replied, "Sometimes, the biggest problem is getting them to shut up."

I guess it goes with the territory. I figured out long ago, if our characters don't seem real to us, they will never seem real to our readers. If they aren't real enough to us that we care about them, and feel their joys, their sorrows, their pains, etc., the readers won't care enough, and won't feel those things, either, and they'll put aside our stories in favor of ones that have characters they do care about.

If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend the book, "Sometimes the Magic Works: Lessons From a Writing Life," by Terry Brooks. Excellent insights into the life of a writer.
I have actually read that book it’s really good. Using totally agree if my character doesn’t feel real to me it won’t feel real to my readers