• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I think I'll re-enter the hobby this year

TexMechsRobot

Posted a thousand or more times
Just saying hi and that I hope you'll start to see my name around the forums again. I inadvertently took the year off from the hobby after a pretty rough start to 2018. Life is starting to settle out again and I'm rediscovering my joy for building and am hoping that flying isn't far behind.

Anyway. I think I need to spend time looking at all of the winter builds to get some inspiration and see what you all are working on :)

TexMechsRobot

Glad to have you back!!

This might be a little early but do you have any builds planned for 2019?
Not a one. I might start simple with some FT builds just to get things moving again. The FT Corsair looks to be a winner. I got a case of the WRFB for Christmas 2017 and I've used about 2 sheets of it since then so I have plenty to scratch build or plan build with.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Welcome back! I'm taking small steps back as well, having had life interfere. While there are always challenges, I feel more of a drive to focus on this hobby. I'm thinking I'll build a flying robot FT Spear.

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Yes! Your back, I missed my old flying partner. When your ready I fly at the club some Saturdays and you could come up as my guest. I'm in the middle of a complex Extra 300 build right now and fixated on it actually....I just saw this post...

Last edited:

TexMechsRobot

Yes! Your back, I missed my old flying partner. When your ready I fly at the club some Saturdays and you could come up as my guest. I'm in the middle of a complex Extra 300 build right now and fixated on it actually....I just saw this post...
I plan to rejoin the club this year but also need to renew my AMA license. I've got no builds planned but I've been looking.

I went through your 300 thread. It looks nice! You really should take more pictures though...

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
I know, right? It's turning into a big thread for a plane no longer made. But, after building this plane I realize that there are much better versions of the Extra out there than the GP version, so no loss on this kit being discontinued.