Ideas, ideas...

father_adam

Hey guys,

After doing aviation at school almost 20 years ago now, I have followed you since the early days and have really appreciated what you do and how you go about doing it. Have made a few planes now - and even had two of them fly - the Tiny Trainer and Scout!

Why I am writing though is because I had a couple ideas and thought I'd share to see if they help with the show, or perhaps for someone to have a bit of fun with.

1) I took the family to the Melbourne Air Show today and we were impressed by the Fire Fighting planes that help put out bushfires here in Australia, but also the US and Canada and other parts of the world. So my thought was you could make an RC version of the "Thor" - the C-130 Hercules as a bit of a tribute, a little shout out to the men and women that volunteer their time and sometimes lives to protect others, and perhaps incorporate bomb doors (with an instruction perhaps) to try and drop water balloons on a small campfire, group of candles, cauldron of BBQ fuel, whatever! I know you had the flag drop early on, but I was more thinking this would have the water balloons inside the fuselage.

2) Create a flying fish. Literally bought frozen from the market. Could see which fish flies better.

3) I guess I haven't really seen any airliners created. I know they are probably super hard to balance with mini EDFs and the overall design, but just thought a lot of people fly these days and it would be cool to see a decent RC scaled down version if it's even possible!

I know you guys are super busy with heaps of stuff, but had to get these ideas out of my head and on to someone that can perhaps make them a reality. If not, of course no drama just wanted to share!

Cheers guys, thanks so much for your hard work and dedication and enabling others to experience this amazing hobby.

Adam

Frankschtaldt

Welcome fellow Aussie!

The Airshow advertising outside of Victoria was non-existent this year.
Would have loved to have gone but didn't find out about it until it was far too late.

I don't have the time right now to find the link for you I'm sorry but if you take a look in the mad scratch builders section you'll find a couple of people working on some cargo/airliner type models at the moment.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Seriously if you want to try something different which is a model of something that already flys try a tractor engined Dragonfly with the 4 wings all functional and a long tail for lateral directional stability.