Ikarus 452-M ( EDF jet )

leaded50

Legendary member
Ikarus 452-M ? unusal as most of my builds, The prototype of the Yugoslavian experimental jet aircraft of 1953. It even had sweept wings, but quite a small plane with a wingspan of 5.25 metre. The only prototype had its first flight on 24 July 1953 , before chrashlanded because engine failure. It was an advanced design for the time !

I have a 50mm EDF laying around, not used to anything...perfect for this plane build as 620mm wingspan, 600mm long. Wingspan is made a little wider, for less wingload.
01.jpg

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
Cockpit ready (even cutted the bubble canopy parts from a bottle) first light coat of silver is sprayed on the model. I see it could been reworked by parts more in front, to get even a more gradually transition to pointed, but this way, it was less work, and model looks great anyway :)

DSC_0236 (3).JPG

varg

Build cheap, crash cheap
Nice. Something tells me that EDF is going to want some cheater holes though, the more intake area the better because pressure drop through those ducts is substantial.

leaded50

Legendary member
You and your awesome planes...
😁
you see, i never "followed the mainstream" ;) Yes, a Spitfire, Mustang, P47 eg. looks greaaaat!!!..... but with all such builds/versions around, not just in foamboard, it loses a bit interest for me. I want something that challenges my creativity (its not just in planes im like that..) , and to find a design who does that, where its not any ready plan around, and need find own solutions to get it as wants by that designs (or close to) is what triggers me in building. Can i get it to look like the original?
The Yokosuka, the Gu WFD, the Mig-13 and this M-452 too, is all unique in modelmaking, not found any rc of this ones. Thats what i like, and this builds attract me more than any even ready-bought high-tech expencive model. :)

GrizWiz

Elite member
you see, i never "followed the mainstream" ;) Yes, a Spitfire, Mustang, P47 eg. looks greaaaat!!!..... but with all such builds/versions around, not just in foamboard, it loses a bit interest for me. I want something that challenges my creativity (its not just in planes im like that..) , and to find a design who does that, where its not any ready plan around, and need find own solutions to get it as wants by that designs (or close to) is what triggers me in building. Can i get it to look like the original?
The Yokosuka, the Gu WFD, the Mig-13 and this M-452 too, is all unique in modelmaking, not found any rc of this ones. Thats what i like, and this builds attract me more than any even ready-bought high-tech expencive model. :)
I love to take designs others have made and make them better!

I do love to choose designs that are not very popular also and may not have plans that's why I love your designs!!😁😉

leaded50

Legendary member
cockpit, last layer of paint, markings, pushrods/ , its close to ready! Just missing a correct ESC who could use 4s. A bit more dark than original colors, some adjusted in design , but isnt anything to trouble with. Mid-dark silver grey metallic with blue shadows/shine. Im done with it !!
The front intakes in wings/fuselage, top scoops, and belly cheater scoops, all give enough intake air. :)

Total weight, without only battery 420g. Perfect for the 50mm EDF.

DSC_0238.JPG
DSC_0237 (2).JPG

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
a few more interesting here .. perhaps future builds...

Attachments

• 0108_privateer_amphib.jpg
    0108_privateer_amphib.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 0
  • 116983-63a75315a99349633ea6f1b255f65194.jpg
    116983-63a75315a99349633ea6f1b255f65194.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 400WB143.jpg
    400WB143.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 800px-Golden_Centennaires_Tutor.jpg
    800px-Golden_Centennaires_Tutor.jpg