I'm excited!

Justin

I just purchased the parts for my new and first multirotor, the knuckle H quad from Flitetest. I am so excited, but the parts all arrive in two weeks :(. I'm happy anyways because this is a milestone in my hobby that I'm sure I'll enjoy!

P.S. There's a catch, fun comes at a price... $450 for the base model. Don't worry, I could buy a tri for only $70. I need to buy a lot of new tools, since This is my first multirotor.

Last edited:

RoyBro

Mentor
Does that $450 include a radio? Why don't you give us a breakdown of what's on order.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
And I always heard the first taste was free! They sure weren't talking about this hobby!
From what you said, it sounds like a lot of the $450 is tools, and those are always awesome! Plus, you don't have to replace them unless they get borrowed and can't find their way home!

Justin

Yeah, the $450 does not include the radio, I have that. I did buy though a $70 receiver (AR6210). I've got four motors, four motor accessory packs, four ESCs = about $100. I bought The knuckle kit and the tricopter camera rig by David for $80. I bought a Accucel 6 and two 3s LiPo (2200mAh 30C). I bought a prop balancer, a 12v adapter for the Accucel. (I read your reply on cheap chargers and how it almost burnt your house down). I bought 24 props, 12 right hand and 12 left hand (8x4.5). I bought a KK2.1 board for $30. A bunch of glue, zip ties and heat shrink for $10. Some cables for $10. Oh yeah, the $40 for shipping from Hobby King. It really bumped my price up.
P.S. like I said before, I could use the parts from the quad to build a tri for only only $70 and have another motor and ESC laying around.

Last edited:

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Yes, most of that stuff can be used on multiple models and that charger is the same as I use now. Still keep a close eye on batteries while they are charging and if possible, charge outside or in a charging bunker. Better to be safe than sorry!

It does take a little more to start up but most can be carried forward to other models, so the cost ends up being less later on.

RoyBro

Mentor
I'm still using the hobby to justify buying tools and stuff I would otherwise not need. ;)

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I'm still using the hobby to justify buying tools and stuff I would otherwise not need. ;)
I do that with most of my projects! Finally managed to get a nice plunge router while I was working on my car audio project. I love that thing! Drill press and lathe came from pen turning...Band saw was just because. Next on my list, scroll saw for lite ply parts!