Help! I'm New!

boogieloo

One last question I'm new too. On the mAhrs requirement for an airplane, I guess, DIY. My box and airplane is FlySky. And airplane weighs 3.2 ibs. Volts = I (Amps) x Ohms ( resistance ), this is the algebraic formula for calculating these variable in electronics terms. My question, My battery has 3 cells, 11.4 volts, 1300 mAhrs. So that makes a resistance of 0.00876923 ohms. On my next battery that I buy, since this one is already dead. I would need enough resistance or mAhours to start the engine. How much would be a suitable amount in mAhours. This airplane is only 3.2 ibs. 1300 mAmhours was not enough to start the ESC engine, only 4 servos and junk setup started at the time. Bigger Airplane. Until everything shut down. I left it on. Would 2,000 mAhours of Battery and 11.4 volts be enough to start the engine? When the receiver goes on again and beeps. This is the hand box I use. The receiver. Shut off too after awhile. I suspect it shut off after 15 to 20 minutes. It was too hard to tell how long I left it on. I thought that was recharging the battery, leaving it on.

The box had a red light on it after the green light. I left it on pretty long after that. I didn't know what the orange and red light was. Now it is back to normal. Green light, but no Tattu battery. Only because I added fresh new duracell batteries. AA . 8 of them.

Thanks you if you have any input on this topic.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Bifi.baarlo

One last question I'm new too. On the mAhrs requirement for an airplane, I guess, DIY. My box and airplane is FlySky. And airplane weighs 3.2 ibs. Volts = I (Amps) x Ohms ( resistance ), this is the algebraic formula for calculating these variable in electronics terms. My question, My battery has 3 cells, 11.4 volts, 1300 mAhrs. So that makes a resistance of 0.00876923 ohms. On my next battery that I buy, since this one is already dead. I would need enough resistance or mAhours to start the engine. How much would be a suitable amount in mAhours. This airplane is only 3.2 ibs. 1300 mAmhours was not enough to start the ESC engine, only 4 servos and junk setup started at the time. Bigger Airplane. Until everything shut down. I left it on. Would 2,000 mAhours of Battery and 11.4 volts be enough to start the engine? When the receiver goes on again and beeps. This is the hand box I use. The receiver. Shut off too after awhile. I suspect it shut off after 15 to 20 minutes. It was too hard to tell how long I left it on. I thought that was recharging the battery, leaving it on.

The box had a red light on it after the green light. I left it on pretty long after that. I didn't know what the orange and red light was. Now it is back to normal. Green light, but no Tattu battery. Only because I added fresh new duracell batteries. AA . 8 of them.

Thanks you if you have any input on this topic.
Your writing is one big puzzle, do you use Google translate?

boogieloo

Thanks. I checked up on google. There is such a thing as AFHDS 2.4 Ghz. There is no maximum limit to the number of channels it can use. However, what is practical for each product to be different. So that means my Flysky shut off the battery automatic. It only had 4 channels and 1300 mAhrs to it. So that means it is still recoverable in use on the next setup. A new battery still is needed. This is according FlySky's definition of what's happening in my box. RF High frequency range. They call this Automatic Frequency hoping. That means it can be setup again. The box and the servos and receivers.

JetCrafts

Hi, I am new to RC planes and I have a few questions.

1. How do I start?

2. Can I fly a plane without using a simulator (My computer doesn't support the software)?

3. What kit should I get. I want it to be good for beginners. For example, I want it to be durable, relatively easy to assemble (it can be challenging to assemble, I just don't want to mess up the entire plane by getting a cut wrong or something), and landing gear is optional but it seems important for a beginner to have.

4. Do I need a laser cutter to build custom planes? Building custom planes seems like a fun thing to do in the future, but I'll never be able to afford a laser cutter.

5. Is flying RC planes hard or expensive?

Please leave share any information/links that will help me answer these questions!

Thanks!!
you can start with ft airliner
2 yes
3simple soarer
4 no you can cut the plans with a hobby blade
5it is expensive once you master the ft airliner it wil get costly like 100 dollars for plane plus an average controller

Bifi.baarlo

Thanks. I checked up on google. There is such a thing as AFHDS 2.4 Ghz. There is no maximum limit to the number of channels it can use. However, what is practical for each product to be different. So that means my Flysky shut off the battery automatic. It only had 4 channels and 1300 mAhrs to it. So that means it is still recoverable in use on the next setup. A new battery still is needed. This is according FlySky's definition of what's happening in my box. RF High frequency range. They call this Automatic Frequency hoping. That means it can be setup again. The box and the servos and receivers.
Still one big puzzle, stop using Google translate.

JetCrafts

are you speaking hindi or some indian laguage and then using google because mostly us indians by that transmitter and that transmitter brand

leaded50

Legendary member
your battery mAh dont decide if motor runs, or not. It just regulate how long it will run.
AFHDS 2.4 Ghz is a protocol name by Flysky (Automatic Frequency Hopping Digital System), and is a digital protocol that ensures 2 or more radios can operate at the same time without interfering each other's respective aircraft (or receiver). , and max limit of channels isnt decided by what protocol .Reciver and Transmitter does, If your reciver, or transmitter is a 6channel, you have only up to 6 channels,

boogieloo

your battery mAh dont decide if motor runs, or not. It just regulate how long it will run.
AFHDS 2.4 Ghz is a protocol name by Flysky (Automatic Frequency Hopping Digital System), and is a digital protocol that ensures 2 or more radios can operate at the same time without interfering each other's respective aircraft (or receiver). , and max limit of channels isnt decided by what protocol .Reciver and Transmitter does, If your reciver, or transmitter is a 6channel, you have only up to 6 channels,
I understand what you are saying. I had another box on at the time of setup. A TV and a modem or WiFi going on at the time. It was not the WiFi interfering with the airplane receiver. Just the work was the problem. This explanation helps clear up some things. Plus I also had my iPhone nearby at the time of setup and it was on. It wasn't that too. WiFi is on a 2.4 Ghz also.

I was thinking I might like this hobby. It deals a lot with electronics too. Like other hobbies in electronics. Plus I get to fly a model airplane too. It feels great building my first model airplane. That I know will work. It's not the RF or electronics, so I know it's something else. Has to be the TATTU battery or Lipo that went dead. So I know that was it. Now finding the correct battery.

Last edited:

boogieloo

I know more now. I tested the setup. The transmitter is working. The receiver is working. Now all I got to do is put the correct battery in. I did a check on the TATTU BATTERY of which the Hobby company where i shop said it was dead. But after checking with Flysky, it switched it off to some other mode. So the battery couldn't have been dead. 1300 mAmp/hours is probably still good. If not, I'll just use a higher mAmp/hours. Like 2200 mAmp/hours like they suggested. Why? Not sure yet. But I hope something comes up. I just tried it tonight.

bisco

Elite member
I know more now. I tested the setup. The transmitter is working. The receiver is working. Now all I got to do is put the correct battery in. I did a check on the TATTU BATTERY of which the Hobby company where i shop said it was dead. But after checking with Flysky, it switched it off to some other mode. So the battery couldn't have been dead. 1300 mAmp/hours is probably still good. If not, I'll just use a higher mAmp/hours. Like 2200 mAmp/hours like they suggested. Why? Not sure yet. But I hope something comes up. I just tried it tonight.
you need to check the voltage. mah is meaningless in terms of power

Last edited:

boogieloo

Thanks. That helps a lot. Voltage. Voltages means the potential difference in negative ( - ) and ( + ) charges that exist. Power or Watts.