Interview with a vampire named Backorder

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
It has happened to most of us, intentional or accidental. BACKORDER status!!?? I have been waiting on a very popular plane, that has been out for over a year, for months now. The store banked your money, should people get something in return for the wait?

This leads me to a show suggestion: Could supply chain logistics be explored...... Perhaps with a major online retailer and name brand factory airframe reps at the same time? you can use the 20/20 anonymous voice changer and wig with sunglasses if you like.

Points to consider: How are ideas are placed into production, projections on initial consumption are made, are there contracts/options for manufacturing volume, how are total sales tracked, are revisions to designs a big deal, are earlier versions of a plane always old stock that needs to purge, do ships really toss shipping containers overboard, what's the difference between stocking a name brand product and a house brand, is there a language barrier, how can I tell when a plane was built, has there ever been a recall of a plane and how did that go, top reasons for out of box failure, what percentage of failures are expected- how has that improved over time, etc.....

Keep up the exceptional work!

Justin

Last edited:

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
I ain't say'n! :p ;)

All I know is, it harpoons to the best of us.
Happens! (stupid autocorrect)

Justin

crash bandicoot

Hobbyking P-40?????

It does seem to happen, even to the higher dollar companies sometimes. I've been backordered on HK a couple times, I usually just cancel my order and get my money back, but that took 4 months once with Hobbyking.
I will say that I have had an item on backorder from Team Associated fro two months now as well though.

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
I ain't say'n! :p ;)

........ however, I did get my item in Saturday and it was worth the wait, they even FedEx'd it!!

Justin

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
It was the Bix3. Could not get it at that time, same thing happoned when spring rolled around again.

Try looking for a Tundra lately? Shows ya how strong the Flite Test reviews are. I was lucky and got a tundra when the first batch was hatched...

Justin