UMX Timber X Issues

Rob Safran

Brand new to RC and first plane (UMX Timber X). I bought the recommended batteries (SPMX3003SJ30 3S 11.1V 300mAh) and was able to figure out how to charge them on my new S2200. Horizon Hobby chat has been pretty good overall. The instructions are another issue as they don't explain what settings to use either in the battery instructions or the charger instructions. After charging I then figured out my transmitter and went to put one of six batteries I purchased in the plane. The plane comes with a bag that has a spare landing gear wire, hold downs and screws but only one black hook or loop strip about 1" long and the bottom paper doesn't want to come off. I would think each battery would come with it's own tie down strip or the plane would have a tie down strap. I can cut the 1" strip into 1/6th but this doesn't seem to be sufficient to hold the battery down. This doesn't feel like a buy and fly plane. I will have to figure out how to get the strip backing off (I've tried really hard :-|) and then cut it or drive an hour to get to my not that local hobby shop to see what they have (which isn't much after the holiday - I will call them first and chat with HH again). Also, the batteries have a plastic wrap around a small square rubber pad about 2mm thick. Is this used for anything?
Any suggestions or encouragement welcome. TIA Rob

Rob Safran

I went to Michael's after trying my local hobby shop and bought a pack of round Velcro self stick tabs. Apparently, the rubber piece is to wedge the battery into a holding clip if the plane provided one. Not well thought out and I would have fried those little batteries at 5.0 instead of 0.3 or 0.6 if I hadn't chatted with HH. There YouTube video didn't help either. Lot's to learn and I wish HH had better instructions.