Is anyone building a A1 skyraider

Flyingshark

Master member
I think John Overstreet has a master series Skyraider in the works, but I don't know if FliteTest would release plans for that through the FTCA or not. There'd definitely be a speed build kit though, whenever it's released

Char7ie

Originally designed as a single seat dive bomber, too late to see service in WWII, this huge beast carried out multiple roles in Korea and Vietnam. Close air support, search and rescue, hospital transport, nuclear certified (believe it or not) and many more roles, it could carry 12.000 pounds of ordinance. It was well armored around the cockpit, able to withstand large amounts of battle damage from small arms fire and some AA, it (and the P-47 Jugg) was the predecessor to the A-10 Thunderbolt. It was easy to fly and could loiter all day long.

Draftman1

Get some foamboard and start building it. Use other plans as a basis to start.
You will enjoy the challenge

Coachbear52

Draft man I built a profile skyraider about 7yrs ago she flew great when I moved the plane was destroyed and I lost the plans. Trying to find those plans again on the net. Its was a challenge, but I enjoyed the challenge.

MrClean

it (and the P-47 Jugg) was the predecessor to the A-10 Thunderbolt. It was easy to fly and could loiter all day long.
It and the P-47 the most important fighter of WWII Here's a link to Greg's airplane and car channel's playlists, pick the P-47 list for 9 videos of HOURS of introspection starting with Turbo vs Supercharging because it's important. In Korea and Vietnam, Sandy's became an infamous with their close air support for pilot recovery. There are very few left. They flew them till they weren't repairable back to airworthiness, they were irreplaceable. But we're talking a different time and different wars where Jet powered planes not the prop ones that did so much.
I got a little off topic there. Good documentaries on the Skyraider on youtube, here's one