Is this allowed?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
No, that shouldn't be legal. They might have changed a small aspect of the plans, but if they are the same then it definitely isn't legal. The plans are the property of FT (I think at least the intellectual property) and it doesn't look like they changed much since they even put a link in for the FT simple cub build vid...

mastermalpass

Elite member
Either those files are stolen, or reverse-engineered in which case I'd call them a counterfeit. Someone could cut and sell their own speed build kits from these. Then underprice FT under the guise of 'I bought it from them and selling it second hand'.

Corsair714

Man, that makes me so mad. I can't believe people reverse engineer FT's free plans and then sell them.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
good luck if it's from china

You could.... go flame them on the fleabay page they are selling from and out them as scammer scum bags. The more people that give them bad ratings the less they will sell and or be promoted in the search algorithms.

Stress Test

Logged into my very dusty ebay account and reported them for intellectual property infringement.

Everybody that has an ebay account should do the same.

FT STEMmeister

Hi, Everyone! This is Chris at Flite Test. Thanks for calling this out. We have contacted eBay to report the seller.

This is clear violation of copyright law. The drawings are distributed at no cost for personal use. Any commercial use or redistribution in any form is prohibited. They are for scratch builders to scratch build. As a scratch builder myself, I appreciate your diligence...and so does Josh!