Its not to windy to maiden

Rc high flyer

Well hears my story I fishished my first scrach build ft simple storch best experience yet in the hobby. The next day my dad says you want to fly to day. It was like 20 mph wind but I sayed yes. So he takes me out to maiden it with my mom and my dog all watching before I hand launch it my mom says it realy windy I said its fine it weighs enough this wind is nothing. So I throw it it to the wind. I was like see its fine then I turned and the wind pushed the wing all the way up were it was doing a knife edge then stalled and plummeted :eek:to the ground said on the inside but laughing on the out side I said yep to much wind. I learned my lesson on maidens.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Know the feeling. A Mini Scout can only fly in NO wind I discovered after several attempts. Gusts tend to involve it with trees and the ground. Nose first generally. A sickening thud. Only broke two props though so I call that a victory. De-tree'd it once. Fixed it 4 times. Think a new plane is in order before I fix it again.

PeterGregory

CrossThread Industries
I think its always good to test the boundaries of what can be done, so great job.
When I started flying a little over a year ago I found although the windy days were a lot of work and my plane took a beating, I would go out the next time when wind was calm and be a better pilot.

wire10ga

I find that I am more willing to be risky with my DTFB planes than I ever would have been with balsa builds. I love DTFB. Sure I've had to rebuild a few, but hey it's only $1 and a little bit time. Just maiden my FT Bloody Wonder yesterday. 2 broke props to get it sorted out, but got it airborne and flew 3 battery's through it. Didn't even have to fish it out of the trees :)

Rc high flyer

I find that I am more willing to be risky with my DTFB planes than I ever would have been with balsa builds. I love DTFB. Sure I've had to rebuild a few, but hey it's only $1 and a little bit time. Just maiden my FT Bloody Wonder yesterday. 2 broke props to get it sorted out, but got it airborne and flew 3 battery's through it. Didn't even have to fish it out of the trees :)

I feel the same way if I total it I can always rebuild it if I don't mess up the electronics.