JA 37 Viggen wire cut.

NCC1701

Hi, I recently did a review on the pusher prop version of the foam board Viggen. Now, I'm thinking of this "wire cut" version. I've done my research and found foam, but it's $57 for a 24x48x4 (is that even enough??) inch chunk! Have anywhere else cheaper on your minds? Also, I need to print out the plans, and to do that I need to tile them. I don't know how to do that. And, whats the width and height of the plans? If I make it too small, I'll make the plane small. If I make it too big, then I make the plane too big. I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but consideration is much appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited:

NCC1701

Oh, I know where foam is now, and I will have a build log on this plane shortly. I will get a link. But I still need to find out how to tile and print to scale.

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Printing Plans is entirely dependent on how you print and what you print on.
Large format print/plotters can print the plans full sized.

Smaller desktop printers (using A4 8.5x11" paper) need to print the tiled version.
This will print small sections of of the plan.
Once you have all of the tiles printed you have to carefully tape them together to get the full sized plan.
The most important tip I can give you is to make sure your printer is set to NOT scale the images.
The plans always have a scale printed on them. Measure this with a ruler to ensure you are printing at the correct size.
You will need to experiment and figure out how to get your printer to do what you want.

Best regards,
PCH

NCC1701

Printing Plans is entirely dependent on how you print and what you print on.
Large format print/plotters can print the plans full sized.

Smaller desktop printers (using A4 8.5x11" paper) need to print the tiled version.
This will print small sections of of the plan.
Once you have all of the tiles printed you have to carefully tape them together to get the full sized plan.
The most important tip I can give you is to make sure your printer is set to NOT scale the images.
The plans always have a scale printed on them. Measure this with a ruler to ensure you are printing at the correct size.
You will need to experiment and figure out how to get your printer to do what you want.

Best regards,
PCH

Yes, thank you, but where do I get the tiled version?

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Look on the build video article. Below the pictures you'll find links.

Best regards,
PCH

SanderHG

If you open the pdf file of the plans in Adobe Reader, you can go to the Edit menu and then select Snapshot. Then you can select a square over the parts of the plans you want and right click print, there you can tell it to print it in tiled and true size, so it prints out only the tiled parts of the plans, in the correct scale, of the stuff you need. Saves quite a bit of paper and time compared to gluing 4 billion pieces of A4 together to make the whole thing.

Last edited: