• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

JB Simple Stik

If lots of landings and takeoff is what you are after, maybe spend extra time reinforcing the landing gear setup in this place - it is the same as done in Cub and Scout and as such is not too durable, unless you plan to grease the plane every time on a very smooth landing strip. I did not build Storch myself, but landing gear there looks like it will handle multiple landings on less than perfectly glassy fields better than simplified design this plane is using.
Well obviously I plan on greasing it every time, however I probably won’t get that greased landing very often 🤣. But yeah I plan on using aluminum flat stock and making a sturdier gear for both the storch and this.

danskis

Elite member
@Airkaos - I'm putting landing gear on mine next. Do you like where your landing gear is on the plane or would you move it forward or back? Also, how is it attached on the inside and what size wheels would you recommend? Thanks

@Airkaos - I'm putting landing gear on mine next. Do you like where your landing gear is on the plane or would you move it forward or back? Also, how is it attached on the inside and what size wheels would you recommend? Thanks
yes the landing gear works great where is at, is just ahead of the cg and I have not had any problems with it. There is a reinforcement piece of foam on both side on the inside of the fuselage, and the Lg just slides right in. I liked the ft stumper version of the ft wheels, and had some laying around, they are about 4” maybe a little smaller, and they work great flying off grass. The only thing missing is a triangle or something to make like a rear skid and lift the tail from the ground.

Mine is attached. What do you think? The graphics are printed on vinyl decal material and is re positionable. Was thinking of making these graphics available to purchase. Any interest?

Attachments