Just maidened my FT-3D,,Was wondering about vortex tab thingies?

ProfitOfDoom

I finished my 3d the other day and had the maiden today,,Went pretty well,had to do a bit of trimming it out as I just used a Y harness because I didnt have room in my rx. But it flew pretty good,I never had a 3D plane before and took a minute to get used to those huge aileron and elevators! Pretty touchy.

The video I watched they didnt mention any vortex tabs,but in my plans they had the markings for them on the wings,so I have them marked but I never made any. I was wondering if that would stabilize the plane at all or does that just provide extra lift going side ways like in a knife edge or something?

I decided not to go with them because for one I didnt cut them out,and two I thought in the long run it might do someone like myself more harm than good as if I get in a rough landing and bend up the poster board vortex tabs and there leaning all over the place,But I dont know.

Can someone explain why and or give me their opinion if I should use them or not,Thanks!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
They really help combat wing-rock in high alpha. I don't think they help out on anything else like knife-edge or anything...