KISS FC problems

Squeeeps

I installed the KISS FC V1 on my alien 5" frame finally, but im having some issues. i have flashed the firmware and now the boot light is blinking, which KISS says means it needs to be activated. but when i plug it into my PC, the KISS GUI gives me the option to connect and when i click it it acts like it been connected. the toolbar lights up like the options can be clicked but when i click them nothing happens. Nothing changes when i hit connect except for that and the connect button turns to disconnect. the port it says its COMM 3 and ive tried switching the USB port im using but then the connect button doesnt even work. anyone have any clue what to do to fix this?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Sounds like the DFU drivers loaded so you were able to flash it but the Virtual com port drivers did not load or were not even installed.

Squeeeps

i have the virtual comm port installed does it matter what bit drivers i use im using the 64 bit ones but when i try the 32 bit it say i must run the 64 bit onnes

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Try the ImpulseRc Driver tool. That seems to be a fix all when people have been having problems.

FYI my internet is down and not sure when I can get It back. I am at a friends today so I hopped in to let people know. Hopefully if you still have issues after trying that some one can pop in and cover for me to help you.

Squeeeps

so i downloaded the impulseRC thing and when it says it installing the DFU device, it pops up an error code it says "an error occurred while installing the driver error code-6

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ok I am back.. Have internet on again..

Alright sounds like you are in the loop I was when I was bouncing all these drivers around. I use win 7 not sure what OS you use hopefully not win 10. Anyways what I had to do was uninstall any previous drivers like the CP210 and the DFU drivers. Then I did a full shut down to make sure windows driver management didn't keep restoring them after just rebooting. After that I ran a registry cleaner to make sure any left over pieces were not floating around. Another cold boot and I was set to use Zadig. That cured everything in one shot and Both my KISS gear and my Beta Flight gear all worked fine ever since in both modes.