KISS FC won’t allow any Aux switches to be set.

Burnedfuse

Hi,
Quite new to RC Quad Drones. Mostly forced into the hobby due to the mandatory Covid19 self-isolation.
I always liked to learn by doing, so My 1st attempt to build a drone. I have a Spektrum DX7S Radio,
a small 7” quad carbon fiber frame, four Emax 2205 motors, corresponding KISS ESC 24A, KISS FC v1.
I have gone through the FW update process, which it was less than pleasant. Broke the little reset/reboot switch. So now, I’m forced to do that with a piece of aluminum foil.
Anyhow, I was able to flash the latest FW 1.3R34C and the downloaded latest KISS FC GUI, which works identical to the older version, except now it shows the little quad picture, similar to Betaflight software.
Anyways, To stay on topic, I have a Spektrum Serial Receiver 3.3v connected to the KISS FC, and it is bound to the transmitter. Yet the GUI never shows any controls on the Throttle, Aileron, etc... Just the default values set.
On the initial page, it does allow me to select any particular Aux switch, however if I hit the save button, it goes right back to”—“ the default for all Aux parameters.
I checked that the Throttle settings are set properly with Min 1050, Mid 1500, Max 2000...
And the rest of the typical newbie type of issues. Yet no results. Can someone please help me out, offer any suggestions, or I’ll even accept any constructive criticism, because I tried everything else.
Finally, yes I did activate the FC as per the recommended procedure for the board...
And yes, I did move the trim tabs toward the middle of the travel range

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Have you told the FC what receiver you have? Receivers use different protocols to talk to the FC, and if you don't tell your board what protocol your receiver is, it won't do anything except bind. If you watch this video (It's a bit outdated, but It should still work,) you'll be able to select your receiver protocol.
Good luck!

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Hi,
Quite new to RC Quad Drones. Mostly forced into the hobby due to the mandatory Covid19 self-isolation.
I always liked to learn by doing, so My 1st attempt to build a drone. I have a Spektrum DX7S Radio,
a small 7” quad carbon fiber frame, four Emax 2205 motors, corresponding KISS ESC 24A, KISS FC v1.
I have gone through the FW update process, which it was less than pleasant. Broke the little reset/reboot switch. So now, I’m forced to do that with a piece of aluminum foil.
Anyhow, I was able to flash the latest FW 1.3R34C and the downloaded latest KISS FC GUI, which works identical to the older version, except now it shows the little quad picture, similar to Betaflight software.
Anyways, To stay on topic, I have a Spektrum Serial Receiver 3.3v connected to the KISS FC, and it is bound to the transmitter. Yet the GUI never shows any controls on the Throttle, Aileron, etc... Just the default values set.
On the initial page, it does allow me to select any particular Aux switch, however if I hit the save button, it goes right back to”—“ the default for all Aux parameters.
I checked that the Throttle settings are set properly with Min 1050, Mid 1500, Max 2000...
And the rest of the typical newbie type of issues. Yet no results. Can someone please help me out, offer any suggestions, or I’ll even accept any constructive criticism, because I tried everything else.
Finally, yes I did activate the FC as per the recommended procedure for the board...
And yes, I did move the trim tabs toward the middle of the travel range
One small note, what are you going to use the quad for? I think your 2205 motors are a bit small for a 7 inch. If you are doing freestyle and racing you might want to upgrade to something bigger. Maybe 2407. ;)