• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Pumpkin drop event

KK board display ARMED long beep sound

Hello guys, i need your sugest about my kk board.
I set KK board to tricopter, i use turnigy 9x and set to airplane. When i powering KK board and ESC after board boot LCD display ARMED with long beep sound. What the mistake?

2nd question, how to powering Yaw servo on pin 4 KK board? Can use same UBEC i used for radio receiver?

Regards,

Last edited:

HawkMan

Since you're using an UBEC I assume you use OPTO ESCs? in that case you need to split the pore out from it and add one tooth middle pin of I would assume motor 5, as I understand that opto ESCs need also need to be food control circuit power so you can't remove the red wire one 2 or 3, and if that's the case 2 and 3 aren't getting any power to the logic side, which might be the long peep.

HawkMan

Yes, but the kk board has a separate power rail on M2-6.

So if you don provide power on one of those the servo on M4 won't get any power.

gecko242

From past experience, the long beep usually means the channel is stuck at 100%, check your channels are wired correctly ising the receiver test menu...

If the channel mappings are correct, try adjusting the endpoints and such on your radio.

helinor

I would have mounted a second UBEC connected to M5 to power the servo. Don´t use the one already powering the Rx/board. The power to board on M1, or from Rx, is separate from M2-M8 for a reason...

HawkMan

I would have mounted a second UBEC connected to M5 to power the servo. Don´t use the one already powering the Rx/board. The power to board on M1, or from Rx, is separate from M2-M8 for a reason...
The general idea is that a small ESC with a built in BEC might not provide enough power for a relatively powerful tail servo, or multiple servos. So they use another ESC just for servo power. With a separate UBEC that shouldn't be a problem. And having 2 ubecs removes any benefit of using OPTOs...

HawkMan

Explain this please
One of the main points of a opto is saving weight by stripping unnecessary circuitry. On a tri two ubecs may very well be heavier than three ESCs with bec, never mind all the extra wiring and complications. Noise isn't really a big issue on a small mini anyway.

From past experience, the long beep usually means the channel is stuck at 100%, check your channels are wired correctly ising the receiver test menu...

If the channel mappings are correct, try adjusting the endpoints and such on your radio.
i thinks any throuble about my radio, i open "receiver test" from KK board menu and "trim" at my radio transmiter, can't setting (aileron, elevator, rudder channel) receiver test to 0 value even maximum/minimum value of radio trim.
try to see "receiver slider" on KK, channel 3 show maximum sliders, while on my radio "display" show minimum. if i set channel 3 to "reverse" long beep sounds.

Solved, i get somethink wrong with my Turnigy 9x. Power switch does not work properly, this make broken signal i indicate by mapping receiver. can't set to zero (center), bar receiver indicator always move and can't stop moving even when stick not moving, when i powering transmitter hear little beep sound.
After i turning On my transmiter with properly (indicate by beep sound) my problem has been solved.
i will replace that switch this week end.

Thanks Guys for all suggest.
Regards from Indonesia

Last edited: