KRAKEN WIRING

archcsr32

Hey all. I'm trying to finish my Kraken build but I cannot for the life of me get both motors to work. I am using the C twin power pack components. I used the Y harness for the ESC wires. I removed the hot lead from one of the ESC leads so that one motor only has the ESC function. I think everything is hooked up correctly but I'm not getting any luck. When I power on after the binding process (Spektrum), usually only one motor beeps and the other sits idle. Any suggestions? Thanks

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Hey all. I'm trying to finish my Kraken build but I cannot for the life of me get both motors to work. I am using the C twin power pack components. I used the Y harness for the ESC wires. I removed the hot lead from one of the ESC leads so that one motor only has the ESC function. I think everything is hooked up correctly but I'm not getting any luck. When I power on after the binding process (Spektrum), usually only one motor beeps and the other sits idle. Any suggestions? Thanks

Do you have a y cable on the servo lead to the motors or are they connected to different ports on your receiver?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
You might try plugging the not working ESC into the other Y connecter. If it works, the problem is the Y connector. If it still doesn’t work, it’s likely a bad ESC.

Andrew

G'day Mate
........... When I power on after the binding process (Spektrum), usually only one motor beeps and the other sits idle. Any suggestions? Thanks
Sound's like your ESCs are out of calibration, it's very important to calibrate ESCs when you are using more than one.

jpot1

Elite member
I do not think a y cable for the esc wires will work. You need to plug each esc wire into different ports on the rx. One to the normal throttle location and the other to aux1. Then in your transmitter you can mix from throttle to aux1.

tamuct01

How do you do that?

On every ESC I have to calibrate the throttle you power on the ESC with the transmitter set to full throttle, wait for the beep(s), and then move the throttle to idle and wait for the beep(s). Remove the props from the aircraft prior to doing this.