Laser Dogfight!

ASW92

Backyard Pilot
We have FPV. Now we need aerial dogfight with FPV gear on. Maybe even sight it in with the camera so you can shoot each other out of the sky. IR guns from online might work. Don't they have laser tags systems you can buy?
Sincerely,
ASW92

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Like the minigame in Pheonix? I'd like to see this as an extension of normal combat. A commercial lasertag system should be moddable enough to work fine.

Basscor

I've have a project on the back burner for a while now trying to use the old tiger electronic LTTO laser guns:
LTTO_Colors.jpg

Still working out the electronics to interface with the RC gear. I have about 8 taggers in a drawer waiting to be modded with all the parts ready to go too. I'm just too busy flying/crashing/rebuilding my tricopter. I'll start a build thread once I get that project going.

ASW92

Backyard Pilot
I've have a project on the back burner for a while now trying to use the old tiger electronic LTTO laser guns:
Still working out the electronics to interface with the RC gear. I have about 8 taggers in a drawer waiting to be modded with all the parts ready to go too. I'm just too busy flying/crashing/rebuilding my tricopter. I'll start a build thread once I get that project going.

If you post pictures of it torn apart then I could help you with figuring out the schematics and wiring necessary to hack the guns.
I also noticed that this has been considered before....is there another forum thread I could follow?

Last edited:

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
I started working on this with arduino controllers. I kind of put it on the back burner because they usually use IR light which is all around us. There are quite a few people who have tried but once you get outside and especially in the sun it can be rather difficult from what I have read. You can set up your emitter to emit at a certain frequency and make the receptor only pick up that frequency as well but it still seemed rather extensive. I would love to see it work though!

The parkzone one appears to work on sonar which may actually be a better option as it doesn't use light.

ioteo

Still interested in this project? I'm working on it since last year... It work and I'm thinking to start PCB production if people get interested in it!
Please let me know what you think!

Karthick Ashwath

Flitetest please do this!It will be really interesting...use every scale WW2 aircraft in the Flitetest lineup and do an Allies vs. Axis series!You can even consider recreating WW2 battles!Its very easy to implement with off the shelf hardware from ioteo as mentioned above!You can even mod the system for bombers by adding a bomb option!

ioteo

If you want to try the FPV-Combat system before official release, check this out! You can do it remotely soon!

ioteo

Hello guys, have you checked the last video on Youtube?
There is a really cool footage from last summer during deep testing of the project!
We started also a group on FB "FPV-Combat Community that is growing fast feel free to come and join it!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I dreamed of being able to do that as a kid back in the 70's. Then after my first roller coaster ride I was able to relive the feeling of the motion while thinking about dog fights. Now we get to do it IRL. Kinda why I love flying quads. Maybe this flying season post a few full flight battles so we can see how it all works real time as well as how hard it is to actually do.

Just please listen to your edits in headphones and set reasonable levels. I just played that last video on a brand new tv and had to drop the volume on the video down to less then 1/4 and it was still all distorted. That says the original line levels are wayyy too high and got boosted even more at some point in the loop from recording to this end use.

flyalot

Hello guys, have you checked the last video on Youtube?
There is a really cool footage from last summer during deep testing of the project!
We started also a group on FB "FPV-Combat Community that is growing fast feel free to come and join it!

This looks cool, sign me up!!