Help! lipo Batteries

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Do a search for smart lipos. I just did and came up with some from spectrum as well as some brands I am not familiar with..

Not sure if the added expense is worth it nor if I would want my battery to all the sudden go Ok I'm done shutting off now.. kiss your gear good bye..... I think I will rely on my trusted timers and experience.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Your ESC has a low voltage cut off so when it gets low it will direct current/voltage to the receiver for servos, but the power to the motor will be cut.
However, if you dont disconnect the battery when you land the receiver will continue to receive a supply and will eventually drain the lipo dead.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Upto 30% is safe operation but its not advised to operate below that on a regular basis. I landed in a 30ft tree once and had to leave it there until the following day so I could retrieve it.
The Lipo had 3% charge left in it, I managed to charge it up again with a slow trickle charge, there was no puffing so it appears to have survived. I marked it up so I could monitor it over time, so far so good. Thats how I know about the receiver continuously draining the battery (y)