lipo transmitter battery

clynnk

Is it a problem to leave lipo batteries in transmitters fully charged. i have a radiomaster tx16s and i need to get a battery. Trying to decide between lipo or liion

Piotrsko

Master member
You loose life expectancy fully charged in storage, which may or not be a problem. If you're going to store it often, put it away about 1/2 useful discharged

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I use Li-Ion in my RadioMasters. Higher energy density makes them last almost all day. Wish they had a 21700 holder instead of just the 18650.

Bricks

Master member
The better deal as mentioned above either LifePO4 2s battery or two 18650 cells, no worry about leaving them charged.

Thomas B

The Lipos designed for TX use are not as subject to issues from being stored fully or near fully charged as high C rating lipos are. The TX Lipos are lower C types.

I have a pretty old Turnigy 2S 4000 lipo in my DX9 that that has spent a LOT of time near full charge. Still performing well and it has not puffed.

Bricks

Master member
The Lipos designed for TX use are not as subject to issues from being stored fully or near fully charged as high C rating lipos are. The TX Lipos are lower C types.

I have a pretty old Turnigy 2S 4000 lipo in my DX9 that that has spent a LOT of time near full charge. Still performing well and it has not puffed.

Just a question are you sure it is not a LifPO4 battery 2 cell or Lipo 2 cell both are lipo`s just different chemistry. My DX9 battery from Spektrum is a 2 cell Lifepo4. One is lithium Ion and one is Lithium Phosphate.

Thomas B

Just a question are you sure it is not a LifPO4 battery 2 cell or Lipo 2 cell both are lipo`s just different chemistry. My DX9 battery from Spektrum is a 2 cell Lifepo4. One is lithium Ion and one is Lithium Phosphate.

100% certain it is a normal low C lipo pack, not a LiFE pack. Battery labeling is very clear on the chemistry and actual charging process proves it is a 2S lipo.