Lipo low voltage warning

Pieliker96

Elite member
I personally run my packs down to 3.7v. With voltage drop under load due to the battery's internal resistance, 3.5v or 3.6v would be a good bet.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
When I land, my packs are about 3.2 per cell. I suspect while flying they would have been 3.0.
After they have rested for 15 minutes they will recover to 3.5. Giving your batteries rest after charging them and after using them, will increase their useful life. Rest them a minimum of 15 minutes, longer is better.

Last edited:

Piotrsko

Master member
On the Ranger, I go as low as 2.25 on discharge at about +600 amps but resting never below 3.25 so far for 10 years. 3.5 resting on my flight packs, ditto for storage but they are different chemistry.

quorneng

Master member
By far the best practise is to fly for a short period say 2 minutea and then check how many mAh you have to put back in to bring the battery to full. You can then work out how much longer you could fly to get down to say 80% capacity but remember how you fly does have an big impact on the rate at which the battery is used up.
A bit of a chore but after you have flown a plane for a bit you will be able to judge what is a safe flying time. I alway monitor the voltage of each battery cells when I recharge to identify if any cell is getting weak. At some point it will indicate it is time to retire the battery.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I like to use the cheap little battey monitors/buzzers that go on the balance lead and usually set them to 3.5v per cell. If im planning on flying hard i might go down as low as 3.0 but that's pretty rare. I find that, even though 3.0 is under what would typically be considered safe, if im flying hard and drawing a lot of amps the buzzer goes off and by the time i land its already recovered to a safe level and isually its back to 3.5+ by the time i get around to re charging them.

Last edited: