Low voltage issue

Hybridfly17

Hello, I am trying to test the wing of my makeflyeasy freeman 2100. I’m using a 6 cell 16000 mah batter and a spektrum AR8020T receiver to make sure everything works like it should before I put the whole aircraft together. When I increase the throttle one of the motors remains at idle while the other one seems to spin up just fine. I’ll attach photos of my setup. I am also using two external UBEC’s. One powers my servos and the other powers my motors. My battery is charged and my servos all work like they should. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 384AC3B8-B063-4B13-A45D-483B2DBA0023.png
    384AC3B8-B063-4B13-A45D-483B2DBA0023.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 0

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Why are you powering your motors with a UBEC??? They cannot supply enough current. The ESCs should be wired directly to the battery. Your ESC input power wires also look to be undersized. You should be using at least the same gauge wire that is on the motor out terminals

Hybridfly17

I was going to use external UBECs instead of the BEC’s internal to the ESC’s. Forgive me, I’m just getting into this hobby. Thanks for the heads up about the wires. The kit didn’t come with enough wire. I’ll get some more.

Tench745

Master member
You need a BEC to power the reciever and your servos, this can be an external BEC or a BEC internal to the ESC, but the ESCs need to draw their power directly from the flight battery.

quorneng

Master member
Hybridfly17
The circuit diagram is rather confusing as it appears to suggest the BEC is providing all the power which it cannot do. If you think about it you have 2x 40A and 2x 60 amp ESC providing power to the motors and all from a 10A BEC!
Your circuit diagram should look something like this.
Circuit.jpg

Yes the BEC is connected to the battery but it is only supplying power to the receiver(s) and thus the servos so only need 10A wire..
The ESCs are also directly connected to the battery with appropriate 14 WG wire. The battery which is providing all the current to everything has even bigger 12 WG wire to the first junction.
I hope this helps.

Bricks

Master member
This could be setup much simpler use a LIFEPO battery 2 cell or 4-6 cell rechargeable AA batteries with an on off switch run just the signal wires from the ESC`s to the receiver and the servos hooked up as normal.. All power for the receiver and servo`s will come from the separate battery.

When you plugged in the ESC`s you only want to run with power the other will use just the signal wire, other wise it can cause the issue you are seeing motors not running correctly. Did you calibrate the ESC`s?