Manic Micros

Yannbou

Hi,
One more question. Hobbyking 1.7g servos are given for 4.2V and turrnigy 6A BEC will deliver 5V. Is it OK or is there a risk for servos? (It is the hardware given in Flitetest Tiger Moth page)
Thanks for your answers.

Yann

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Any update on your build, Yannbou?

FoamyDM - I do have plans for more. I haven't had much hobby time this year so my releases are very delayed at this point. I hope to get more plans out again soon.

LE

yeah I was seeing those leading edges and thinking it would cause drag and make it work a little harder than in needed. also maybe think about taking the edge of your hot glue gun and run along the foam to slightly melt it and it strengthens it also, just like when you get a laser cut kit from FT.

LE

yeah I was seeing those leading edges and thinking it would cause drag and make it work a little harder than in needed. also maybe think about taking the edge of your hot glue gun and run along the foam to slightly melt it and it strengthens it also, just like when you get a laser cut kit from FT.

Awesome! I'm glad there is interest in this. I'll try to clarify some of the info.

This is actually not a nnP-39. Seen in the photo is my MiG 3, my Sonic Series P-39, and the Manic Micro Bucker Bu 180. I chose this as my prototype as it had the largest wingspan out of my designs. So while it's bitty, the wingspan is respectable.

As of right now I hadn't planned on beveling the LE but if it flies weird then this might be something to try. From a plans perspective they are basically done.. these things are easy to make AND build. I worked the plans up in about an hour and built it last night in one sitting. It's not flown yet but I'm hoping to do it tonight. I will def flesh out the thread with details after testing. I want to make sure this thing will fly well first.

The main goals I have for this series are clean looks and flight characteristics. So that means no exposed servos/electronics and slow enough flight to be a backyard flyer, or in my case, front yard flyer. :)

thanks for the build video and putting this out there for everyone. I have a quick question. it maybe covered in here but you have a lot of post and replies and I'm a slow reader. so the batter is in the power pod and you have to take it out each time to change it and charge it right? also on the servos you just use a single bend and it doesn't ever come out? have you ever tested how many amps your pulling with the power combo your using? thanks. hope you come check out some of my builds soon. there not as clean as yours but really easy to make and really easy to fly. thanks again.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
FoamyDM - I do have plans for more. I haven't had much hobby time this year so my releases are very delayed at this point. I hope to get more plans out again soon.

Awesome! - Any Teasers? Maybe a partial photo? My plane still needs to be tightened and strengthen from the hard backyard crash, been a bit busy (see below).

andrej

Could you tell me to what scale to increase the plans? I have 1806 2300kv motor with prop 7x4 and 2S 500-800mah. And I want light fpv gear about 20grams. As you think wingspawn 26 inches will be enough?

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Could you tell me to what scale to increase the plans? I have 1806 2300kv motor with prop 7x4 and 2S 500-800mah. And I want light fpv gear about 20grams. As you think wingspawn 26 inches will be enough?

26” should work! Keep us posted with your progress.