Martin PBM(ish)

I had knee surgery yesterday, so a pain pill for bed led to being wide awake at 2am with wandering thoughts. I started thinking of gull wings, and other variations of airframes that they had been used on over the years. Thought back to what was being using in WWII and came upon the Martin PBM Mariner again. Always thought this plane had a unique look. I'm not a master builder, but thought I'd could spend a couple of hours mashing together some previous FT patterns into something close. The front end of the Sea Duck, the fuselage of the Guinea Pig, a modified tail section from the original Spitfire, and a modified Spitfire wing to try to cut back into a gull shape. Ideally, I'd invert the plywood reinforced wing from the Master Series Corsair, but maybe in a future dream. I'll probably 3D print some motor nacelles, but placement will be dependent on how that wing modification goes. Anyway, hoping to be able to hobble down to the shop soon and see how far off these plans are for a first shot.

2b3b269847174f662e53be051e6b32e5.jpg

Attachments

• Martin PBM Cabin Nose Battery.pdf
    85.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Martin PBM Elevator.pdf
    31.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Martin PBM Fuselage.pdf
    16.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Martin PBM Left Wing and Spars.pdf
    16.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Martin PBM Pontoons.pdf
    86.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Martin PBM Right Wing.pdf
    1.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Wha... what? I thought that was a plane from one of the online games or something. That was real! It's beautiful in its own unique ugly way. :) Looks like it wants to be called Flying Fortress before we had a Flying Fortress.