MDA SeaCrickit

matthew954

Ok, I've gotten an interesting idea the other day. I'm a big fan of the Mud Duck aircraft, and have had a fair share of builds over at RCGroups. Back in October, I watched one of the local flying clubs fly at the lake near where I live. It made me wish I had my Hobbyzone Super Cub brushless conversion finished. Since then I've finished that model, and the other day I had an interesting idea for the Mud Duck Aviation Crickit. I thought of making the Mud Ducks into float flyers. My first attempt is going to the Crickit. Being that I have 2 almost fully cut out airframes. One out of DTFB and the other out of FFF.

The stock landing gear mount is what gave me the idea for the first attempt. The stock landing gear mounts, are simple light ply with a dowel rod going through it. I had the idea of a rounded rectangular shape instead of the figure 6 shape as shown on the plans. Drill holes at the front and at the rear of the mounts. And run the spreaders for the Super Cub's float kit. If I've figured this out right, the lite ply mounts should hold the float spreaders straight. Yet also making the model hopefully convertible to flying from land.

Here's my last attempt at the Crickit over 5 years ago. Unfortunately she didn't fly due to builder error. I had forgotten to center my servos when they were being installed. She was all beat to pieces before the solution dawned on me.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1130479&highlight=mud+duck+aviation+crickit#post13449832