Meteor75 wobbles during flight

userix

Recently, my meteor75 has been encountering some wobbling when flying. Normally I can fly this corridor without any wobbles and at faster speeds. Now it seems to wobble badly that would get worse if I try to throttle up. It makes flying unstable now. The PIDs have not been altered and flying conditions have been consistent. Here is a video of the wobbling I encounter. It happens all throughout the flight.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
it appears that your getting some roll oscillation, if no configurations have chanced, then you should check over the mechanical bits of your quad. You should check things like your frame, props, etc to see if anything became loose. make sure all of your motors spin smoothly.

userix

it appears that your getting some roll oscillation, if no configurations have chanced, then you should check over the mechanical bits of your quad. You should check things like your frame, props, etc to see if anything became loose. make sure all of your motors spin smoothly.

Everything looks good. Motor spins smoothly too. How would I turn the pid to remove wobble?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Everything looks good. Motor spins smoothly too. How would I turn the pid to remove wobble?

If you didn't alter the pids and it when from flying well to not flying well, it is likely a mechanical or sensor issue. But if you want some information on PID tuning, you could start here and make sure your filters are setup well:

then move on to the rest of the PID tuning series (d term stuff is here):

if you don't want to do it data driven like what he is showing, this might be helpful:

there are a few other people that have tutorals on doing PID tuning. Again, if you didn't alter the pids and it when from flying well to not flying well, it is likely a mechanical or sensor issue.

userix

If you didn't alter the pids and it when from flying well to not flying well, it is likely a mechanical or sensor issue. But if you want some information on PID tuning, you could start here and make sure your filters are setup well:

then move on to the rest of the PID tuning series (d term stuff is here):

if you don't want to do it data driven like what he is showing, this might be helpful:

there are a few other people that have tutorals on doing PID tuning. Again, if you didn't alter the pids and it when from flying well to not flying well, it is likely a mechanical or sensor issue.

I checked all mechanical components and everything looks good. The Props I replaced with brand new props and all screws are tight on the motor and fc to frame.