Microsoft Flight Simulator X on sale $5 on Steam today only

joshuabardwell

Mentor
I meant to post this in the "Shed" section, but I don't have access. Folks who fly RC are often also interested in full-scale aviation. Microsoft Flight Simulator X is on special for $5 on Steam today only. I thought some people here would appreciate the chance. If you have an RC transmitter that you can hook up to your computer, it should make for an even more immersive experience.

steveo

For me it shows up as $12.50.
Still not a bad deal, but my hopes were up for $5 after reading your post. :(

Did you need a special code or something?

joshuabardwell

Mentor
For me it shows up as $12.50.
Still not a bad deal, but my hopes were up for $5 after reading your post. :(
Did you need a special code or something?

Umm.... I have to apologize. Apparently, the news item I was reading was from three days ago and I didn't notice until just now. So sorry for getting your hopes up. Maybe a mod can get rid of the thread for me.

EDIT: FWIW, I am equally disappointed, as I planned to buy it myself before the day was out.

Last edited:

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Wish I had a computer that could handle that app. Even RealFlight is too much for mine. I can barely manage to run Phoenix.

joshuabardwell

Mentor
Wish I had a computer that could handle that app. Even RealFlight is too much for mine. I can barely manage to run Phoenix.

I just got started with CleanFlight. Have you tried that? I have no idea where it is on the resource curve, though. It's pretty slick. Free demo, $40 to buy.

steveo

Umm.... I have to apologize. Apparently, the news item I was reading was from three days ago and I didn't notice until just now. So sorry for getting your hopes up. Maybe a mod can get rid of the thread for me.

EDIT: FWIW, I am equally disappointed, as I planned to buy it myself before the day was out.

Thanks for the update, at least I know it isn't just me now :)