• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mighty Mini Master Series Spitfire

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I will be designing a Mighty Mini sized Spitfire Mk.II it will have around a 30 inch wingspan, and to increase simplicity this will not be a swappable design so the motor won't be able to be swapped to another design, but you should be able to swap your ESC as long as your motor leads are long enough. So far I've got the front half of the frame cut out and assembled!!
P1280313.JPG

jfaleo1

I've got the first segment skinned.
View attachment 145805

I'm curios that since the firewall won't get a layer of tape to hold it in place, if the firewall will stay mounted to the plane...If it falls off I might just try and make my own powerpod or make a fancy 3D printed firewall.
Are you just gluing at the end of the foam or is it back further? I have slotted the foam at the sides and bottom before to give more stability. The Quiky firewall is just glued to the foam board and it is overpowered, it showed no sign of damage yet. So either way it should work.

Are you just gluing at the end of the foam or is it back further? I have slotted the foam at the sides and bottom before to give more stability. The Quiky firewall is just glued to the foam board and it is overpowered, it showed no sign of damage yet. So either way it should work.
It's going back a little bit, see post #2 it's in the little slot, behind the first former.

I finished the skinning the fuse...kinda
I originally was going to make the rear fuse piece out of one piece, but it's really hard to get the tight curve along the bottom when you have nothing to grip onto. If I make the rear fuse two pieces it will end up with a seam down the middle but the benefits outweigh that one drawback. For example, installing the elevator servo will be easier, assembly will be a lot easier, and it might let me do a bubble top variant.
P1280326.JPG

I didn't bother trimming the piece or putting on the curved part that goes under the elevator because it might end up getting changed and I don't really need it to test flight.
P1280327.JPG

The Hangar

I finished the skinning the fuse...kinda
I originally was going to make the rear fuse piece out of one piece, but it's really hard to get the tight curve along the bottom when you have nothing to grip onto. If I make the rear fuse two pieces it will end up with a seam down the middle but the benefits outweigh that one drawback. For example, installing the elevator servo will be easier, assembly will be a lot easier, and it might let me do a bubble top variant.
View attachment 146298

I didn't bother trimming the piece or putting on the curved part that goes under the elevator because it might end up getting changed and I don't really need it to test flight.
View attachment 146299
It’s coming along nicely👍 Looking forward to building and flying it!